9-6 Get out the harpoons! The Rays come to town!

HowAboutThat

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

In that case why warm Sulser? If you’re going to bring in Greene, bring him in and save Sulser for later.

It was a 2 run lead with men on base when he got Sulser up 

Means got out of it and we added a run.  3 run lead no one on to start an inning, he decided to save Super for later.

We had 4 innings to cover and only 3 reliable leverage relievers (Tate Fry Sulser). 

If you think Greene is the 4th most reliable guy, then bringing him in once the lead gets to 3 and no one is on makes sense.

I don't know if he is #4.  But I'm not sure we have a #4.

Just now, SteveA said:

Means got out of it and we added a run.  3 run lead no one on to start an inning, he decided to save Super for later.

We had 4 innings to cover and only 3 reliable leverage relievers (Tate Fry Sulser). 

If you think Greene is the 4th most reliable guy, then bringing him in once the lead gets to 3 and no one is on makes sense.

Your last point says it all. 

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

That's a really good analysis. So the move actually makes sense.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

That's a really good analysis. So the move actually makes sense.

My guess is if Greene had got Cruz out he brings in Sulser for Franco. Will never know obviously. At that point he hoped Greene finished inning and he did.  

35 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Nice! The scouting report said he hits triples. Dude can fly.

From my post on the main board earlier today:

Lots of triples (18, 16, 14 in 2017-19, but none in 113 ML at-bats) and stolen bases (82, 36, 52, 25, 24 in 2015-19 with generally worsening SB%'s, but 6-6 in ML), and sometimes lots of homers and sometimes not (12, 3, 19 in 2017-19).

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Fair enough. I would have brought in Sulser, but I see the logic, and best to have Greene star a clean inning. Not our fault he’s lousy.

It’s funny how being one arm short can really matter. It did tonight, not that our back end is like the 90 Reds. Trickle down impact. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s funny how being one arm short can really matter. It did tonight, not that our back end is like the 90 Reds. Trickle down impact. 

Indeed, many a pitcher has attested to the importance of having both arms. Not a laughing matter.