Olney on O’s losing

Sports Guy

40 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yes, and it takes a while to build that foundation.

And that's what they're attempting here.

Nobody here can really give any example of what SHOULD be done to get all these easy ML victories except call-up a pitcher who isn't prepared to throw 100 innings, and had never thrown an inning above A-ball before this year;  and a catcher, that admittedly is probably worth 2-3 wins in 150 games.

So again, it always comes back to this: All this ink spilt for a handful of wins which won't impact our position in the standings one bit.

Lol they also want him to find multiple 3-4 WAR guys off the scrap heap. And sign some free agents. Anything else means we are tanking and/or Elias doesn't know how to win at the MLB level.

20 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well, I asked you 6 pages ago what's the plan from Nov 18 to right now looking like where we pick up all of these easy ML victories just there for the picking?

I’m not going to go back and name the boatload of people we could have signed.

If it were up to me, Manny and Britton would have been dealt after 2016, so 2018 wouldn’t have happened in the manor it did.

What we got in those deals, ala Bedard, would have been what catapulted the franchise.  So many things change from there. 

What I will say is that I was on board with every trade Elias has done and on board for tanking in 2019 and while I would have liked to have seen a better attempt at things prior to 2020, im ok with things there as well.

I do think more of an effort should have been made prior to 2021 and I definitely feel a real attempt needs to be made this offseason

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol they also want him to find multiple 3-4 WAR guys off the scrap heap. And sign some free agents. Anything else means we are tanking and/or Elias doesn't know how to win at the MLB level.

Yep, they are impatient morons. Simple as that. It takes time to build a window of opportunity. But these fools want tiny victories now. Lul

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not going to go back and name the boatload of people we could have signed.

If it were up to me, Manny and Britton would have been dealt after 2016, so 2018 wouldn’t have happened in the manor it did.

What we got in those deals, ala Bedard, would have been what catapulted the franchise.  So many things change from there. 

What I will say is that I was on board with every trade Elias has done and on board for tanking in 2019 and while I would have liked to have seen a better attempt at things prior to 2020, im ok with things there as well.

I do think more of an effort should have been made prior to 2021 and I definitely feel a real attempt needs to be made this offseason

Ok, so why do we need to keep harping on BS you would have done in 2016 in 2021?

And isn't that the thing so many of us have told you:

We stink in 2021 because of decisions made in 2016.

This isn't rocket science.

We all understand.  We have to dig ourselves out of a hole.  

You should have bitched more when they gave Schoop and Gausman away as salary dumps.  I would have been on-board.

Instead of just bored.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Ok, so why do we need to keep harping on BS you would have done in 2016 in 2021?

You asked me what I would have done since 2018.  You are the one trying to bring up the past.  If I’m going to answer that, I’m going to answer it in a manor that actually represents where I think things should have gone.  I’m not going to make up some position to satisfy you.

If you don’t want me to bring up 2016, stop asking me about what past decisions I think they should have done differently because, for me, what they should have done after 2016 and what they ended up doing totally changed this organization.  

They signed Cobb when they should Not have, for example.   

But do they still end up with GRod?  If they are picking 6th instead of 11th, is he an Oriole?  

So many things change (or potentially change) with a few decisions.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

And isn't that the thing so many of us have told you:

We stink in 2021 because of decisions made in 2016.

This isn't rocket science.

We all understand.  We have to dig ourselves out of a hole.  

You should have bitched more when they gave Schoop and Gausman away as salary dumps.  I would have been on-board.

Instead of just bored.

I have bitched about those moves although I don’t really care about the Schoop move.  The KG trade was abysmal.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

You asked me what I would have done since 2018.  You are the one trying to bring up the past.  If I’m going to answer that, I’m going to answer it in a manor that actually represents where I think things should have gone.  I’m not going to make up some position to satisfy you.

If you don’t want me to bring up 2016, stop asking me about what past decisions I think they should have done differently because, for me, what they should have done after 2016 and what they ended up doing totally changed this organization.  

They signed Cobb when they should Not have, for example.   

But do they still end up with GRod?  If they are picking 6th instead of 11th, is he an Oriole?  

So many things change (or potentially change) with a few decisions.

Sure.

Not enough changes to make this team good in that time frame.