Wednesday August 11: Matt Harvey takes on the Tigers

SteveA

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

When you say close do you mean like 5 feet close or was is more like 15+ feet? I honestly thought a player would have hit the warehouse by now during a game. 

Can't tell but it was just fair and it cleared those seats up in the corner by more than most balls I've seen.  Never got a shot if where it landed on Eutaw St.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Can't tell but it was just fair and it cleared those seats up in the corner by more than most balls I've seen.  Never got a shot if where it landed on Eutaw St.

Orioles MASN account posted it and that might be the closest a ball has gotten to the warehouse during game action. The way Santander hit it is probably the best chance at hitting the warehouse with the ball curving on it's trajectory. 

12 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Wonder how close that was to the warehouse?

From experiences of walking around there during batting practice and the way the ball was traveling, it probably landed about 5-10 short of the outdoor seating in Dempseys there, which still puts it about 15-20 feet short of the warehouse. But it would be the closest “in game” home run I believe.