Tuesday September 7: Alexander Wells takes on the Royals

SteveA

You would expect the smallest crowds of the year to come on a weeknight, after school has started, vs a fairly uninteresting team that also won't have a significant number of their own fans there.   Which means these next 3 nights have the potential to be the smallest of the season, since our remaining weekday series are vs Boston and New York.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

You would expect the smallest crowds of the year to come on a weeknight, after school has started, vs a fairly uninteresting team that also won't have a significant number of their own fans there.   Which means these next 3 nights have the potential to be the smallest of the season, since our remaining weekday series are vs Boston and New York.

I agree but you can't only draw for Yankee, Red Sox and giveaways. With mostly Yankee and Red Sox fans.In 2019 only three games over 25,000,not against Yankees or Red Sox and all giveaways.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I agree but you can't only draw for Yankee, Red Sox and giveaways. With mostly Yankee and Red Sox fans.In 2019 only three games over 25,000,not against Yankees or Red Sox and all giveaways.

We knew this season was going to be bad, attendance wise.  Not just the quality of the team, but the fact that no season tickets or individual game tickets were sold until late May/early June, some segment of the population was still not willing to go to events with other people due to Covid, and I'm pretty sure that you didn't have to purchase your season tickets this year in order to keep the same seats for next year.

I don't think it's representative of what our attendance will be when things get back to complete normal, Covid-wise, let alone when the record starts to improve.   And next year we will see Rutschman, Rodriguez, and others who will add some fans to the seats.

We won't ever reach the 1992-1998 level of attendance again.   But I don't think the numbers this season mean a heck of a lot.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We knew this season was going to be bad, attendance wise.  Not just the quality of the team, but the fact that no season tickets or individual game tickets were sold until late May/early June, some segment of the population was still not willing to go to events with other people due to Covid, and I'm pretty sure that you didn't have to purchase your season tickets this year in order to keep the same seats for next year.

I don't think it's representative of what our attendance will be when things get back to complete normal, Covid-wise, let alone when the record starts to improve.   And next year we will see Rutschman, Rodriguez, and others who will add some fans to the seats.

We won't ever reach the 1992-1998 level of attendance again.   But I don't think the numbers this season mean a heck of a lot.

I think that once folks get used to not going to game inertia keeps them away.