2021 Orioles -- The QUIZ!

SteveA

We are the most devoted bunch of Oriole fans out there.  If we can't ace this, who could?

All you have to do is type in the last name of each of the 62 Orioles.   Don't worry about capitalization.  As soon as you complete a name, it will automatically fill in the table.  There's a couple last name that will fill two entries so all you need to do is type in 60 names.  In 10 minutes.  Easy, right?

Do it on the honor system and let us know how many you got...

https://www.sporcle.com/games/SteveA2012/2021-baltimore-orioles

Far too many pitchers. I got all the hitters besides Cuiffo and Rio Ruiz who I thought must have left the team 3 years ago. Missed over a dozen pitchers.

Part of it is that I found it easy to go position by position in my head and get pretty much everyone. There were so many undistinguished pitchers that I just didn't have any way to recall them all.

I got 45 out of 62.   Only missed one position player, but I forgot a lot of the cannon fodder we put on the mound this year.  I think I only missed one guy who might have a future with this team, or arguably two.   

Pretty sure I could take the quiz again in an hour and I'd still forget at least 10 of the 17 I missed.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

A0ECF94E-59A7-49E4-89EB-74B90A15C030.thumb.jpeg.6115bc0cc8d6d458b570bed75630fbb3.jpeg

I need a life, apparently. 

That's truly amazing.  Right after I keyed in all the names and AB/IP info, I took the quiz myself to test it before releasing it.

I had JUST typed in all the names and had plenty of "oh yeah, I'd forgotten about him" moments.  And I STILL just got 57/62.

Getting them all is beyond amazing.

• Upvote 1

In college days, I heard it said that almost no one can list the 50 states, thought to myself that is ridiculous given how good at state capitals I was in third grade, started jotting down and a couple minutes later had 49 and the thought of Hmmm.   The thoughts got progressively more NSFW for a wasted afternoon until Iowa stopped hiding.   

Since then, I pass on stuff like this, but take comfort in knowing I no longer have to worry about a (way too) true to life understanding of who replacement level players are.

• Haha 3

41/62.  I feel stupid for missing Pat Valaika, also Paul Fry.  I could see Cesar Valdez's face and the dead fish pitch in my head but couldn't remember his name.  I have no idea who Brandon Waddell is.  

To touch on @MurphDogg's point, it's weird to see some of these names and think they were actually on the team this year, like Wade LeBlanc.  

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

That's truly amazing.  Right after I keyed in all the names and AB/IP info, I took the quiz myself to test it before releasing it.

I had JUST typed in all the names and had plenty of "oh yeah, I'd forgotten about him" moments.  And I STILL just got 57/62.

Getting them all is beyond amazing.

I’ll admit, I typed in a lot of names that probably played in the last few seasons too that didn’t play this year. I only remembered Waddell because of his lone inning. But trying to remember how to spell a few of the names was interesting. This team needs more “Smiths” and “Wells” and less “Valaika” and “Krehbiel”’s.