Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #5 prospect?

• Mike Baumann
    • DL Hall - LHP
    • Gunner Henderson - SS/3B
    • Heston Kjerstad - OF
    • Jordan Westburg - SS/3B

This poll is closed to new votes

21 hours ago, interloper said:

Man, Baumann's stint this year really took the shine off for me. All the years of fuss for a dude with a middling fastball?

His stuff took a step back after the elbow injury. He's not the same guy as he was in 2019. The hope is it will recover with another winter off.

Granted, Hall hasn't pitched anywhere near as many innings as we'd like - and only 31.2 innings last year - and walks more than he should, but some of his numbers are... striking.  He struck 56 in those 31.2 innings and gave up 16 hits - so more than 3 times as many SO's vs hits given up.  For his career; 284 SO's in 217 innings vs 147 hits given up (just 14 of them homers).  Granted, 122 walks are too many, but batters don't hit him.  Even if he doesn't make it as a starter, he could be Haderish.  Hader might be a good comp for him, imo.     

3 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I thought the more strikeouts you have, the higher your BABIP has to be if you want a good batting average and Stowers is at the level where your BABIP has to be well over .350 to have a batting average in the .260-.280 range.

Though if they are related to selectiveness as you say, that gives me hope that with more practice he could cut down on the strikeouts a bit

I don't think you're wrong. He'll either get better or his BA will go down some, but he has room for error in that regard. .260 - .280 is darn near lofty nowadays.