Who is the Orioles 2021 #10 prospect?

Tony-OH

Who is the Orioles 2021 #10 prospect?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Orioles 2021 #10 prospect?

• Kyle Bradish - RHP
    • Connor Norby - 2B
    • Jean Pinto - RHP
    • Drew Rom - LHP
    • Terrin Vavra - 2B

This poll is closed to new votes

It’s hard for me to put any of Bradish, Rom, and Pinto, above some of these bats because without them having MLB “stuff” we’ve all seen what happens at the MLB level. Look no further than the plethora of arms we’ve trotted out in the rotation the last 2-3 years. At least Baumann can get up to premium velocity if/when healthy. 

42 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s hard for me to put any of Bradish, Rom, and Pinto, above some of these bats because without them having MLB “stuff” we’ve all seen what happens at the MLB level. Look no further than the plethora of arms we’ve trotted out in the rotation the last 2-3 years. At least Baumann can get up to premium velocity if/when healthy. 

Bradish is usually in the 94-95 mph range and can top out around 97 from the times I've seen him. And I think his slider/curve are pretty good. So he's a step up from that group we've been breaking in the past year. For me it's not his stuff that's the concern, it's his ability to locate. I chose Bradish specifically because of his stuff, but I'm pretty concerned that his control will keep him from eventually moving to the bullpen. 

• Upvote 1

For what it's worth, I think it's Tony who has often compared Rom to Zach Davies. His velo is a few ticks better than Alex Wells'. Definitely defensible to put him here given his age and results. 

You can really make a case for a lot of guys here. Heck, I wouldn't be too surprised if Lowther turns out better than all of them. I think it was an off year and not an inability to pitch that knocked his value.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sydnor said:

I also voted for Pinto. My recollection is that Tony called him the most intriguing non-Rodriguez and Hall arm in the system. For purposes of this exercise, I suspect he also views him more highly than a radish because of his upside (as do I). I also think Norby lacks the upside of Pinto and has a lot of pressure on the bat.

Good point, I, too, view Pinto more highly than a radish. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Good point, I, too, view Pinto more highly than a radish. 

Okay, so we're not talking about Ford automobiles?  We do have a fine Expedition of prospects.  At 5'11 175, Pinto is certainly a compact pitcher.    

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Okay, so we're not talking about Ford automobiles?  We do have a fine Expedition of prospects.  At 5'11 175, Pinto is certainly a compact pitcher.    

Pinto pitching to Maverick behind the plate.  A ready made Ford ad if i ever seen one ...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Baumann isn’t in an argument with those guys because of how bad he looked for most of this year.

I guess Baumann would make my top 20 but not sure where and I don’t think it’s a slam dunk.  Definitely don’t think he’s top 15.

I like Peek a good amount. 

With Baumann I think it boils down to whether he can recover his 2019 stuff.   If not, then he’s not a top 15 guy.  But if he does, he’d be top 10ish.   I’m not assuming he does, though I’m hoping.  

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

With Baumann I think it boils down to whether he can recover his 2019 stuff.   If not, then he’s not a top 15 guy.  But if he does, he’d be top 10ish.   I’m not assuming he does, though I’m hoping.  

Sure..but you can’t rank him based off of what he did in 2019 in the 2021-2022 offseason rankings.

2 hours ago, Prayin4Reign said:

Pretty sure it'll be Norby but took a shot with Pinto.  Things could be pretty exciting if he takes off next year.  

I agree that it's probably Norby here but I like Pinto here, myself.   I think he took off this year.   And for the poster who lumped in Rom and Pinto together suggesting they both had marginal stuff, I disagree.

28 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I went with Bradish.  He's near ML ready and actually pitched well this year.  Unlike Lowther, Wells, Akin, Kremer....  Pinto may end up better but has not shown it at the higher levels, yet.

I'll be honest - I think people are rating Pinto too high, because he's only pitched at the low levels - and really doesn't even have many innings there - and was never highly regarded before this season.  And it's not like he has an upper 90's fastball.  I agree that he's an interesting prospect, but I don't see him being rated this highly.  

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

I'll be honest - I think people are rating Pinto too high, because he's only pitched at the low levels - and really doesn't even have many innings there - and was never highly regarded before this season.  And it's not like he has an upper 90's fastball.  I agree that he's an interesting prospect, but I don't see him being rated this highly.  

Do you have to average over 95 to qualify as having an upper 90's fastball?   He may not have a Hall or Rodriguez fastball but he might be just below those guys going by the reports I read on here.

Jean Pinto just made his Delmarva debut. Was 95-97, with a 88-91 mph changeup with drop and fade, 88 mph slider, and an 83 MPH curveball. Struck out 2 of 3 batters he faced in the 1st inning. Definitely just showed up on the prospect scene!

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

He has the most upside of anyone left outside of Basallo or maybe Makiol.  

By your justification you can’t have Norby this high either.