MLB Lockout Thread

Can_of_corn

13 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

We added DL Hall to the 40 man so he couldn't be drafted, he missed a week of Minor League training camp, and they cancelled the draft.  No biggie, but how ironic.

More importantly, where are we going to get this year's closer?

I'm glad they worked things out but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about the Rule 5 cancellation for this year.

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Covid rules are gone.   No more 7 inning doubleheaders or starting extra innings with a man on base.

(I would suspect we will see some early season roster expansion due to the short spring training, though, just as we did during Covid).

I was actually in favor of these rules because they speed up the game. I wonder why they were removed.

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So now we can get back to griping about when prospects should be called up and overrating our guys in making up fake trades that probably won't happen.

I've never been so excited for a 65 win team.  Let's go O's!

Someone is feeling optimistic.

45 minutes ago, byrdz said:

What’s the details on the draft lottery? 

6 Teams, though I haven't seen anything yet how ping pong balls/probabilities will be weighted.

But you could be the 25th best team in 2022, and still have a shot at 1-1 in 2023, if I have the timeline right.

5 options/year I think will slow some of the Giants/Rays stuff from last year.

• Thanks 1