Should we consider Hosmer in a Salary dump trade?

sportsfan8703

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How much would you sign Mackenzie Gore for if he was on the open market right now?  6.5/90 million?  

We’d essentially be paying $14mm a year to Gore for his age 23-29 seasons for years 2022-2028. Even if he’s just a #4 SP, that would be worth it IMO. 

We gotta buy the SP somehow or sometime. 

Gore was awful last year and there are a ton of concerns surrounding him.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, sevastras said:

According to the article, they floated Robert Hassell to the Rangers for taking Hosmer.  If I were in charge and could get CJ Abrams, I would be all over that.  I wouldnt mind Hassell either as a second option if you didnt give up too much.  

I think Abrams would be a tremendous acquisition for the O's - so much so that I'd include Henderson to get him.  

14 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

Guys, it was already noted that we are on Hosmer's no trade list.  So this is not happening.

First thing I thought too. No way would he allow a trade to a bottom dweller team. And if he did, why would we want a veteran riding out the end of a big contract just so he can collect his check? No thanks and I’m sure Hosmer feels the same

2 hours ago, oriole said:

First thing I thought too. No way would he allow a trade to a bottom dweller team. And if he did, why would we want a veteran riding out the end of a big contract just so he can collect his check? No thanks and I’m sure Hosmer feels the same

But why would he want to stay where he's clearly not wanted?  

19 hours ago, sevastras said:

Padres-

Hosmer, Abrams, Hassell and $

Orioles-

Mancini, Sulser, Santander

I’m scrolling through and reading the comments, The idea is still dumb, but your suggestion, forgive me, is A typical example of, “let’s trade a bunch of guys who aren’t very good for someone who is very good.“

Preller is not a very good GM, but I’m pretty sure he’s not THAT bad.

16 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m scrolling through and reading the comments, The idea is still dumb, but your suggestion, forgive me, is A typical example of, “let’s trade a bunch of guys who aren’t very good for someone who is very good.“

Preller is not a very good GM, but I’m pretty sure he’s not THAT bad.

You are taking on a bad contract and they are upgrading OF, 1B and bullpen, all of which they need.