Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

If they bring him up this homestand, then it’s not about the extra year of control.

I wonder if they’re waiting for a weekend to try to juice ticket sales 

The service time stuff has already happened.  At this point, any day you leave him down just increases your odds of him avoiding super 2 or getting enough ROY votes.

The one thing I don't want to see is Adley to come up and struggle with the bat.   Elias should do whatever he can to avoid that.

MLB Pipeline rates him  60 hit, 65 power,  60 arm,  70 field and 30 run.   Watching him on  MILB.TV  at AAA he doesn't look like any of that except the 30 run.

Hope that changes soon.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah, I was wondering if they already expect a decent crowd with the Yankees in town, will they wait for the Rays which aren't a draw to try to boost tickets?  Which would be incredibly short-sighted and dumb, so I'm hoping that's not it.

Well it should be a little better then the 8,000 they averaged on weekdays last homestead  Plus Thursday is weather day and usually get schoolkids from across the area Used to average near 28,000 or more but not sure with Covid and everything else  I think Roch mentioned if they get the  game in tonight. Looks like Orioles are sort of hoping for one since Roch doesn't post anything without the express written consent of the Orioles. 

I'm pretty much good with whatever they decide this week. All these things are true at the same time:

• Adley looks bad right now, both visually and statistically.
  • Adley should be in the majors based on his talent level. 
  • It makes sense to make sure he's 1,000% healthy and performing well.
  • It makes sense to get him up here as soon as possible regardless of the previous bullet point. 

🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Oh that tweet is from MASN?    that is interesting..................

Unless some intern just decided to mix it up on Twitter, you would have to think Rutschman is definitely getting called up this week. If Rutschman is healthy, then there isn't a good reason to keep him at Norfolk besides gaming service time. 

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm pretty much good with whatever they decide this week. All these things are true at the same time:

• Adley looks bad right now, both visually and statistically.
  • Adley should be in the majors based on his talent level. 
  • It makes sense to make sure he's 1,000% healthy and performing well.
  • It makes sense to get him up here as soon as possible regardless of the previous bullet point. 

🤷‍♂️

Agree. Adley should be promoted now. But I wish he was hot and looked great on defense. 

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

The one thing I don't want to see is Adley to come up and struggle with the bat.   Elias should do whatever he can to avoid that.

MLB Pipeline rates him  60 hit, 65 power,  60 arm,  70 field and 30 run.   Watching him on  MILB.TV  at AAA he doesn't look like any of that except the 30 run.

Hope that changes soon.

Why?

Bobby Witt, Spencer Torkelson, and Julio Rodriguez all came up and struggled with the bat this season already.

Go to bbref and look at Cal Ripken's first month in the majors, or Mike Schmidt's.   

What is the downside if he comes up and "struggles with the bat"?

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

The service time stuff has already happened.  At this point, any day you leave him down just increases your odds of him avoiding super 2 or getting enough ROY votes.

Was referring to Super 2, and they'd have to delay him for a while longer to insure that 

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Unless some intern just decided to mix it up on Twitter, you would have to think Rutschman is definitely getting called up this week. If Rutschman is healthy, then there isn't a good reason to keep him at Norfolk besides gaming service time. 

I wont complain if he stays down a few days.  I was hoping to go see them in Charlotte one day this turn around.

36 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The knights get big crowds on Tuesday and Thursdays, Tuesday is $1 hot dogs and Thursday is thirsty Thursdays $1 Soda and $3 beer. Wednesday is just bring your dog to the park day so of course that when Greyson pitches they just trying to boost of ticket sales for that game i am sure .  lol  

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why?

Bobby Witt, Spencer Torkelson, and Julio Rodriguez all came up and struggled with the bat this season already.

Go to bbref and look at Cal Ripken's first month in the majors, or Mike Schmidt's.   

What is the downside if he comes up and "struggles with the bat"?

The amount of perfection people seemingly want to see from these young guys is astounding to me.