DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

Made his spring training debut pitching one scoreless inning with strike outs.

Averaged 99.1 MPH on his fastball topping out at 100 MPH. The only batter that swung at his four sliders whiffed. He clearly would be the best reliever on the team with just on the fastball, slider combination, but he also has a curve and change that he will use as a starter in the minors this year. 

Interestingly only pitched one inning with the minor league season about a week out from opening day. He will most likely be limited to a 2-3 inning stints early on and it will be interesting to see when or if they take the kid gloves off him this season.

Phillies' announcers were raving about Hall's stuff, calling it "electric" several times. I know TNSTAPP, but (barring injury) he appears to be as sure a thing pitching-wise as we've had since Mussina. And ya, "barring injury" is the biggest hurdle there is for young arms. 

Officially optioned to, and per Elias will be staying behind in Florida to slowly build up innings. Frustrating, but given he hasn't pitched since last June can also understand the logic. Would love ot see him in Baltimore this summer though

59 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But why send him to AA and not AAA? Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I'm fairly certain it's a ST formality, you get optioned to whatever team's roster you are listed on, and since Hall was technically on the Bowie roster at the end of the '21 season, he get's optioned there. 

Edit: and according to Elias (via Roch) I have no idea what I'm talking about so please disregard my previous statement:

"“It’s very possible that even though he pitched great in Double-A, often times when a guy is coming off a significant injury, even a minor injury, I’ve learned to send them back either to the previous level or even a lower level, which we’re not going to do for DL. But we might just send him back to Bowie just to kind of check that box and make sure that we’ve sort of reduced the number of variables as we’re looking for his performance to just make sure that everything’s right and get him going.”

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2022/03/orioles-option-bradish-hall-diaz-and-wells-in-latest-camp-cuts.html

• Upvote 2

The horse race for Best Pitching Prospect in Baseball next offseason is one he's in.

The top slice of this year's lists:

-Grayson (Orioles could go 1-2 if he doesn't graduate)

-Baz should graduate if his current minor problem stays that way

-Cavalli is kind of Hall's MASN evil twin

-Leiter is perhaps the favorite, though in perfect world, Hall will show him that college is for low-talent guys.

With Elias having felt compelled to say "long" in addition to "build-up" about Sarasota, despite today's excitement, games-pitches wise I'm now visualizing something like 20 games and 1200 pitches.    Hopefully a lot of fun, though could be tough for that to be a platform for anymore than 24 games/1800 pitches (100 innings?) in 2023.