DL Hall 2022

Tony-OH

9 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Apparently plan is for all the Norfolk pitchers to go short stints coming off the break..but DL Hall time?

I call BS. That makes no sense if they just had a break and only go 1 inning. It would be stupid if its not either an injury or he is called up

1 minute ago, Bmorebirds24 said:

Someone on Twitter is saying that Hall is on his way to Baltimore? He even posted the flight information. I am not saying that this is true but I figured I’d share what I’ve seen. 

Ooooh, “someone on Twitter!”   

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I call BS. That makes no sense if they just had a break and only go 1 inning. It would be stupid if its not either an injury or he is called up

I think Hall is coming up too...but I will say that the other pitchers tonight have gone short stints, and the two behind Hall are also stretched out normally 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What really is the logic of having Hall pitch 1 inning and then go to Baltimore?   I’m not saying that’s not happening, I’m genuinely curious.  

I’m with you on this. I feel like this is a decision that they would have made during the break. It’s not like an arm went down in tonight’s game and they made the call. Kinda weird how it’s playing out. I’m hoping he’s coming to pitch against the Rays. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

What really is the logic of having Hall pitch 1 inning and then go to Baltimore?   I’m not saying that’s not happening, I’m genuinely curious.  

He hadn't pitched since Sunday, maybe didn't want it to be to long a break between appearances (honestly no idea)

I was at the game also. I saw Baumann going to warm up, but I was hoping it was because the inning was getting a little long and they didn't want him to throw too many pitches in one inning if a couple more guys got on base. I thought they might give him an extra day of rest and would pitch Saturday. He got a 3-0 lead in the first. I was hoping he'd throw a strong six innings. My wife said he was rubbing his elbow a lot in warmups and showing a coach, so I was thinking the worst when he came out.

Baumann was disappointing. I thought he'd be one of our starters a couple of years ago. Knight was just awful. Vespi was great, as usual.

1 hour ago, orioles22 said:

I was at the game also. I saw Baumann going to warm up, but I was hoping it was because the inning was getting a little long and they didn't want him to throw too many pitches in one inning if a couple more guys got on base. I thought they might give him an extra day of rest and would pitch Saturday. He got a 3-0 lead in the first. I was hoping he'd throw a strong six innings. My wife said he was rubbing his elbow a lot in warmups and showing a coach, so I was thinking the worst when he came out.

Baumann was disappointing. I thought he'd be one of our starters a couple of years ago. Knight was just awful. Vespi was great, as usual.

Baumann has been great when he starts and terrible out of relief.  Maybe he is an opener in the future in Baltimore like Voth is going.