Norfolk Tides 2022 News, actions, comments

Legend_Of_Joey

Okay, here is one take on the Friday thing.   I believe the Brewers are proving 5-days rest can be advantageous, and here is how the calendar shakes out if Blood has a script for that rest period in Month1.    Pitching every 6th day you just go back a day each week until you hit a Monday-Sunday, impossible in the minors with dark Mondays.

Grayson AAA Calendar

Friday 4/8 v. Charlotte

Thursday 4/14 at Scranton

Wednesday 4/20 v. Durham

Tuesday 4/26 at Gwinnett 

Cross-referencing with the Orioles schedule, the week of May 2-8 we are home all week.

On Monday 5/2 we host the Twins.   Sunday 5/8 is Mother's Day and we host the Royals.

Grayson Rodriguez might throw the first Orioles pitch Carlos Correa sees this year.    Bobby Witt might have Grayson and Adley to contend with his first trip into Baltimore.

It is almost here.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles have no understanding about generating excitement from their fans.

Hell, after 22 years, they've cut me off from having credentials so they really could less about this site or the diehards that make it up. 

Did that just happen this year?   That’s really outrageous.   

8 minutes ago, bobmc said:

I was intrigued by this. I'd personally have preferred to see Vavra at 2B but as long as he's playing it's all good.

Speaking of Vavra he rocked a ball oppo to left center just now that was probably pushed down by the wind. As always it's blowing in from RCF.

• Upvote 1