Orioles Twins 4/3

Tony-OH

Lineups:

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2022/04/orioles-lineup-vs-twins-38.html

Cedric Mullins CF
Ryan Mountcastle 1B
Anthony Santander DH
Robinson Chirinos C
Rougned Odor 2B
Kelvin Gutiérrez 3B
Tyler Nevin LF
Ryan McKenna RF
Richie Martin SS

Dean Kremer RHP

Looks like they are giving some of the bubble guys every opportunity. Odor, McKenna, Martin, and Nevin all getting a lot of playing time.

Weams and I would always joke about the Twins' Spring Training TV games, especially the middle innings where they interview the local fundraiser person.  Their broadcasts are nothing but interviews the entire game. 

In person, tho, always got the fried cheese curds at that park.  Loved em. 

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Odor should be the last guy turning down opportunities to play other positions to increase his value, assuming he has any.

Has Odor played any other positions this spring?  Another reason not to keep him.  I can't imagine him in the outfield.  He doesn't have the bat for 1B/DH.  Can he play 3rd?

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Has Odor played any other positions this spring?  Another reason not to keep him.  I can't imagine him in the outfield.  He doesn't have the bat for 1B/DH.  Can he play 3rd?

He played 3rd base last year with the Yankees, but commented he was “uncomfortable” with it.

6 minutes ago, justD said:

Weams and I would always joke about the Twins' Spring Training TV games, especially the middle innings where they interview the local fundraiser person.  Their broadcasts are nothing but interviews the entire game. 

In person, tho, always got the fried cheese curds at that park.  Loved em. 

I really don’t understand why MASN can’t/doesn’t license the home broadcast feed on days like today. Seems like the cost would be relatively trivial (and effort minimal) and viewership would be stronger than playing orioles classics (MASN) or random tennis programming (MASN 2). Is there a prohibition against that from league?

31 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Kremer gives up a lot of hard contact. I’m over him.

Garceau and Hollander on the radio broadcasts not pulling any punches at all.   Brought up the fact that 6 balls had a 100+ exit velo, also the walks and command issues.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Now that they added the DH to the NL he doesn't have the bat for any position.