Spring Training games are over for the O’s

Frobby

Well, AAA starts up today so a lot of guys who aren't going to make the teams may already be in Norfolk and Toledo.

We had announced that Keegan Akin was going to go tomorrow.

Well, the Orioles finish 8-8 in the Grapefruit League.

47 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

I wonder if any competitive teams had to cancel due to lack of available pitching or for other  mickey mouse reasons. 

I'm assuming the key word to that sentence is "competitive."

Oh well, at least ST is over.  Looking forward to halfway paying attention to work on Friday and watching the game.  

Rutschman aside, it looks like we made it out relatively unscathed from an injury front, no?  

1 hour ago, Oriole1940 said:

I wonder if any competitive teams had to cancel due to lack of available pitching or for other  mickey mouse reasons. 

The only other game scheduled for tomorrow is the Rays vs. Phillies. That one still seems to be on.

59 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm assuming the key word to that sentence is "competitive."

Oh well, at least ST is over.  Looking forward to halfway paying attention to work on Friday and watching the game.  

Rutschman aside, it looks like we made it out relatively unscathed from an injury front, no?  

Dillon Tate hasn't even showed up to camp for 3 or 4 days running due to a "sore throat".

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

It's especially surprising because the Orioles and Tigers agreed to add tomorrow's game to the schedule after the original (revised) spring training schedule came out.

I wonder if they weren't aware at the time that the AAA season started today so those teams would have to be fairly well stocked by now.