Kevin Brown (announcer, not former pitcher)

joelala

58 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Anyone but Scott Garceau and I'm happy. 

This.

I am sorry but if Kevin Brown has to “grow on you”, you have awful tastes. He’s smart, entertaining and funny. My fav moment is his conservation with Big Ben when Ben said he didn’t know what the word ironic meant 😂😂😂 

• Upvote 1

I am fine with him. I enjoy having Palmer, he makes almost anyone next to him good. But yeah, other than getting a little overexcited about not overly exciting things (although that is going to be needed this year I suppose) Brown was/is ok.

5 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

This.

I am sorry but if Kevin Brown has to “grow on you”, you have awful tastes. He’s smart, entertaining and funny. My fav moment is his conservation with Big Ben when Ben said he didn’t know what the word ironic meant 😂😂😂 

So you’re saying the first time you heard him you were enamored? I think anytime I hear a new broadcaster I have to feel them out for some time before I make a judgement. I’m still feeling out Kevin, and as I do so, I’m starting to like him. Hence, he’s growing on me. And agree, I really like Ben and find his small vocabulary act quite funny. 

11 minutes ago, joelala said:

So you’re saying the first time you heard him you were enamored? I think anytime I hear a new broadcaster I have to feel them out for some time before I make a judgement. I’m still feeling out Kevin, and as I do so, I’m starting to like him. Hence, he’s growing on me. And agree, I really like Ben and find his small vocabulary act quite funny. 

Yes, he’s my kind of announcer. Nobody better than Palmer and Joe Angel/Jon Miller though.

I think he's pretty good at play-by-play and and at providing information, and he's likely to get better. There are times, though, when I feel like I'm listening to an excited 14-year-old who probably arrived at the ballpark early to get some players' autographs (only at home games, of course).