Bruce Zimmerman 2022

Bahama O's Fan

47 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

If he can be a reliable mid-rotation starter it would be an enormous development for the rebuild.

And it would make the Gausman trade look a lot better, but that deadline still looks horrible as a whole...just a complete waste. I do agree that him as a mid-rotation option really takes pressure off having to develop too many of the non-Grayson/Hall prospects.

Even with the rosy outlook of GRod, Bradish, Hall, Zimmermann and Means, they still need to plug the holes at 2nd, 3rd and SS, for next year. And it doesn't look like it's coming from our system for next year. This team is losing even with the decent pitching it is getting this year. So you either tread water for another year waiting on Westburg, Henderson, Prieto and Mayo, or spend money and bring in some help from outside. You don't have to break the bank either. Play Mateo this year, see what you have, he's been alright so far, Urias I'm not sold on yet, but give him this year at 2nd, Odor not the answer. A 3b with some pop would be nice, these are all short term, the above mentioned minor league infielders and a couple more are hopefully the future.

4 hours ago, oldfan said:

Even with the rosy outlook of GRod, Bradish, Hall, Zimmermann and Means, they still need to plug the holes at 2nd, 3rd and SS, for next year. And it doesn't look like it's coming from our system for next year. This team is losing even with the decent pitching it is getting this year. So you either tread water for another year waiting on Westburg, Henderson, Prieto and Mayo, or spend money and bring in some help from outside. You don't have to break the bank either. Play Mateo this year, see what you have, he's been alright so far, Urias I'm not sold on yet, but give him this year at 2nd, Odor not the answer. A 3b with some pop would be nice, these are all short term, the above mentioned minor league infielders and a couple more are hopefully the future.

I think Gunnar goes through AA and AAA this year and is in the majors next year.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think Gunnar goes through AA and AAA this year and is in the majors next year.

Can’t rule it out at this stage considering his hot start.   We’ll see where things stand at the end of the season.   

On 5/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, connja said:

2023 rotation could be G-Rod, Bradish, Means (by mid-season), Hall and Zimmerman.  

Next year!  Definitely could kick this rebuilding into a higher gear.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:44 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Into first?

Careful you curmudgeon...or you will miss it.  

I mean even ESPN has moved the O's to the 27th best team.  Would have to get in the wayback machine, but 27 is lofty compared to where they have been during the rebuild.  MLB has em at 22nd.  

3rd Gear?  2nd Gear?

Anyone?

On 5/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, now said:

Any other oldtimers around here who see McNally and McGregor when this lefty pitches?

Probably McGregor more than McNally. McNally threw harder and had a very good curveball, from what I can remember.

• Upvote 1