The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has already been posted but here's the latest from Drew on WNST:

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/2008/12/16/im-hearing-os-think-theyre-getting-tex/

I'm really starting to get excited now!!!

Drew makes some good points near the end of his post. Andy MacPhail might be one of the only people in baseball who has the guts and prescience to call Scott Boras' bluff. He did it during the Wieters negotiations, though not apparently without a little help from Wieters' family (who were apparently telling Boras "don't screw this up so he has to be drafted again"). Basically, he takes advantage of the situation he's in. He's a shrewd negotiator at any rate, that's for certain.

anyone else really really looking forward to the press conference if and when he signs to rub it in the red sox and yanks face?

This is nowhere close to important to me. If it comes up, it'll be because a Red Sox fan bearing pink apparal has decided to strike up a "conversation" in Camden Yards.

anyone else really really looking forward to the press conference if and when he signs to rub it in the red sox and yanks face?

At Tex's press conference, when Ravich or Gammons asks him:

"How close were you to signing with the Red Sox?"

Tex replies:

"I never was considering the Red Sox. Since they screwed me coming out of high school, I swore I would never wear a Red Sox uniform. Now I can directly compete against them and help my team, the Orioles, become the Beast in the East once again."

Ok, I can dream can't I?

Archived