Dylan Harris 2022

RZNJ

Undrafted free agent signee in June 2020.   Didn't play until 2021.   In 250 AB's between low A and A+ had a .743 OPS.    The dude is 25 years old but you have to see the start he's off to at Bowie.   He's a very stocky LH hitter with a severe open stance.  I only saw one AB tonight and he made solid contact on a fly ball to CF.

In his first 4 games with the Baysox which began on April 19.

9  for 16 with 3 doubles and 2 homeruns.   2 walks and 2 strikeouts.  

Let me be the first to start the Dylan Harris 2022 watch.   Organizational player or prospect?    Sure, he's an organizational type  but he's worth keeping an eye on.

6 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Thanks for sharing, incredible play.

Full disclosure, I was in concession line as it happened, third base side.   I knew it was a sac fly situation, I saw the batted ball in flight and was 99% sure the runner would score easy.   Could not see left field line from concourse, and just had a "that's surprising" reaction the Baysox got that out.   Knew it must have been a good play, but wow.

And that while Espino was getting his 11 consecutive strikeouts.

11 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Thanks for sharing, incredible play.

Full disclosure, I was in concession line as it happened, third base side.   I knew it was a sac fly situation, I saw the batted ball in flight and was 99% sure the runner would score easy.   Could not see left field line from concourse, and just had a "that's surprising" reaction the Baysox got that out.   Knew it must have been a good play, but wow.

And that while Espino was getting his 11 consecutive strikeouts.

We were there and watched the throw from behind the plate.

I've been to more than 1700 major league games and saw Clemente play.  I can't recall a single throw that was definitely better than what Harris did on that 7-2 DP.  It was the kind of throw you know is "personally historic" as soon as you see it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...