The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It definitely seems like Belkast's confidence level has dropped significantly. I mean, what happened to "hammering out the details" from last night? Wasn't it bigbird that also posted he was hearing we were working on details?

It hasn't!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Is that enough smileys????

Welcome back, Frank. I am a proud member of the board because it allows for differing opinion but more importantly because it is a community of repectful disagreement. Nice to have you.

As far as Negotiation. I can't begin to explain it all or why some of us see many of these reports as nothing more than information and disinformation, however, I would refer you to Randy Shuttleworth or even Gordon Rule's "Art of Negotiation" but understand that it is about having control of the situation in a way that you direct the players to YOUR outcome. Also, understand that most concessions in any negotiation occur in the final minutes or hours of the transaction. Boras is a master negotiator and his ultimate goal is to get the most for his client that he can from the team or teams to whom that client is willing to go.

Look at us now, as a fan base we are clamouring for Tex and many folks have already (although silly) said "it's Tex or I give up baseball forever, oh and I'm throwing my kid's mitt in the trash!" A statement that we have given up or are out puts a lot of pressure on the FO as do statements that our offer is the lowest. Boston and NY want Tex, so do the Angels, the Nats would absolutely love to have him, but Boras knows this: WE NEED TEX the most. We may still not get him and that would be unfortunate but there are two sides negotiating here and trust me when I say that information works in Boras's favor at this point, silence works in ours.

Again, welcome back and as long as we are still being mentioned, even if its negatively from a source like ESPN or anyone else, it may, from a negotiating standpoint mean that we are very much involved still.

Then again, it could mean we're out of it just like they say and if anyone can order me that Adam Dunn home jersey it would be awesome!

Would you settle for Eric Hinske ?

That appears to be plan B if no Tex :cussing:

Wow. 9/216?!?! :eek:

I am not going to put too much credit into this guy because of the sheer fact we haven't been around him, but 9/216 sure sounds like a WOW offer WE would make. There is no harm in believing, and those numbers, along with this BS opt out clause, would be a number that could get it done. We will have to wait to see if anyone from our side confirms or if anyone shoots theirs down.

Archived