The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does everyone automaticly think that they are finishing up a deal if the Big Boys are down in Texas?

My take is almost the opposite.

If they were about to sign him Tex would be in Boston. The fact that they are in Texas smells of desperation to me.

I do think it is almost over.

I think that he wants to take our offer but Boras says "You want him? I'm in Texas so get on down here and prove it or he is going to be an Oriole.?

Hopefully.

The bigger news would be if Teixeira and Boras are both in Texas. If the Red Sox are meeting with both of them, then this thing is over.

So in 3 years when Markakis is being offered 150 mil from the Red Sox and Yankees what then? It will never end.

Maybe Tex isn't worth the money, but you really think that matters to the Red Sox and Yankees.

And I love the way people say that there's an abundance of power hitting 1B, yet we've been stuck with garbage for the last 10 years there.

And yes, NY and Bos are passing out 20 mil contracts like its candy. Get used to it, because its not going anywhere. Just like the O's aren't going anywhere.

Like I said, TB was a great story, but all it did was piss Bos and NY off. But hey, I'm already over Tex. Go Millar..Ha

Step 1: Build championship caliber core of cost controlled young players like Wieters, Arrieta, Tillman, Matusz...

Step 2: Shuffle the deck while contending, signing some young guys to team favorable pre arb extensions and trading others for needs/other good young players

Step 3: Sign big time free agents who now want to come play for a good team with a championship caliber core.

Archived