The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles don't get anywhere near 35,000 fans a game. It's probably closer to 12,000

It doesn't matter how many people are sitting in the seats; it matters how many tickets are sold. Ticket Sales are still the bread and butter; concessions haven't quite caught up to that yet, but they do provide a slight boost. And the simple fact is the O's can still sell 35,000 tickets a game, and report that on the box score, regardless if only 12 people are sitting in the stands.

It seems that everyone is so depressed!

Somebody, think of something good!

I wouldn't say everyone. The hangout has split into two groups right now. You've got the pogo sticks who are high as a kite one moment then crashing back to earth the second, and then you got the other group that is saying lets wait until all the cards are on the table and Tex has actually signed a contract.

Guest BrettMeister86

SALARY CAP - 100,000,000 all teams

Baseball would be fun to watch again. The Rays could spend 50 mil more and the Yankess would spend 200 mil less.

This needs to happen.

The Sox and Yankees can only have so many players on their rosters and so many OFers.

Well, the Red Sox will have an opening in RF in 3 years when J.D Drew contract expires. They will make a hard push for him.

Saying that, I think Markakis will ride it out until FA.

And for those who think not signing Teixeira isn't a big deal, your wrong. You don't think other players around MLB don't notice things? They see that the O's can't even convince a "Hometown " boy to come home, why would they want to play here.

I talk to Roy Firestone a lot outside the HO, and he has told me many times of players he's talked to, that has said no one wants to play here. And if you don't believe me, ask him.

Missing out on Tex is just another blow to an already crippled reputation.

What is ridiculous is that the B Sox do not even need Tex....he is a luxury item for them...I hope Tex sees how they are treating Lowell. Ortiz, what they did to Millar, Crisp, and especially their captain Veritek.

What horrible things did the Sox do to those guys? Look, I understand the anger (even though this isn't a done deal) but it's simply not accurate to suggest the Red Sox mistreat their players.

Archived