Baltimore Intrigued With Cano.

Can_of_corn

I'm not familiar with this guy's track record, but this is what happens when you don't seriously address a position of need during the off-season at second base.

You hope Rougned Odor can hang onto the last gasps of an MLB career or hope Robinson Cano isn't completely finished as a legit MLB second baseman.  

7 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

He's lefthanded so that means there is no platoon option with Odor. Might as well roll with the younger player. 

Odor won't ever have value.  If the Orioles can get Cano right, he may be tradeable.  Teams look for X factor veterans at the deadline.

What did boras call it? The cancer or baseball - veteran trading.

24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm not familiar with this guy's track record, but this is what happens when you don't seriously address a position of need during the off-season at second base.

You hope Rougned Odor can hang onto the last gasps of an MLB career or hope Robinson Cano isn't completely finished as a legit MLB second baseman.  

The Mets didn't just eat $45 mill because they thought Cano has something left in the tank.  I'm 100% sure Cano is toast.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Mets didn't just eat $45 mill because they thought Cano has something left in the tank.  I'm 100% sure Cano is toast.

And that's why I'm not interested in Cano and hoping this rumor isn't legit. Especially with the NL having the DH now if the Mets thought Cano still might be able to hit they'd keep him. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

For the record I'm not sold on the source of the rumor.  I hope it isn't true.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Please God, No!

Then we can have Cano and Odor on the team.

Elias is frustrating. Odor & Owings shouldn’t be on the team. At least maybe Cano gets hit and might get you a low level prospect but why? What’s the point. I miss Dan Duquette, never thought I’d say that, but he found some good players via many different avenues.

I can see Elias  kicking the tires on Cano.   

This is about Odor not Owings.   Cano and Odor are primarily 2B.  They are not utility players.   Odor has not hit.  And he commits errors.   His pluses are his range and his ability to turn the double play.

Vavra is on the IL again.  Jones in not hitting at AAA.  Bannon has committed a lot of errors and does have much range at 2B.   Martin is not forcing a promotion.  He is just ok offensively at AAA.  He is good defensively but more competition for Owings.

Cano is not hitting now but hit well in ST.  He didn't play last year because of a drug suspension.   He did hit in 2020.  He  doesn't commit errors at 2B but his range is poor. 

I could see Elias signing Cano to a minor league contract and sending him to Sarasota to get in to game shape.  The question is can he improve his range and does he have the desire to play after not playing for a year.   Cano is not going to ride the buses at AAA.