Teixeira Watch: Part VII- Owner Says Sox Are Out

adjones10

DC Channel 9 made this announcement this monring, 12/19. Did anyone else see or hear this? It was definitely reported but I've heard it nowhere else so I'm assuming this is not accurate.

I heard the same thing last night on one of the DC channels. Don't remember which one. Also he said all the other offers were less than that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moreover, the spin is Boston made the shrewd move drawing their line in the sand where they did. Tex, by himself, won't put us back in contention anytime soon. They'll view his signing here as ARod in Texas II.

That's right. That signing was more about re-establishing the franchise than winning right away.

Sign the contract. There will be takers later if it does not work out. Texas shipped A-rod to the Yanks.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/12/teixeira_talk_r.html

Cashman denies having the bigger offer.

Same news from the Angels - they think they have a fair offer out there.

Man....fanning the flames for me....seeing how they break down if tex is worth the money or not.....19th in adjusted OPS...."just behind" Ortiz.....remind me again how many gold gloves Ortiz has won.....oh that's right, his fat a$$ sits on the bench and he doesn't contribute 50% of the time.

And the commentor making the point us clowns down south have to overpay.....but I'm sure IF he signs in Boston it would be a smart move.

Youkoulis has more upside "and it isn't even close"....hahahahhaha......this is why I prefer NOT to attend Red Sux home games at Camden......I get way too angry.

Last night before the news of boston dropping out I thought everyone was too down at that point. Now after the news I think alot of people may be way too optimistic. I am still not convinced PA is ready to step up and make the kind of offer needed to land Tex.

I know there have been reports that Tex prefers the east coast. But the Angels are the one team that does scare me in this. Especially after reading Torii Hunter's quote last night AFTER news broke the Red Sox were out.

"What the Angels did was spectacular, they gave him an offer that blew everyone away, and it shows how badly they want this guy," Hunter said. "I'm so happy they did that. I can sleep better at night. We can't let Tex go. He's very special on this team."

Maybe he knows something about the Angels offer we don't??? I do believe that Tex wants to play on the East Coast, but I also believe that for the right price he could go back to the Angels.

I just hope this ends soon I can't take much more of this...

Now this quote scares the crap out of me. Of course Hunters is going to be in the know so if he thinks that then I am really not happy. Damn, I have to get off this ride!!

It's going to take a lot of Orioles' Magic to bring Tex home, but I am cautiously optimistic it'll happen!

o_jRV3Kf5Uw3Ad1GI.jpg

Can someone please photoshop Tex in to replace Millar and someone (anyone) in to replace Loewen. You can put my face in there if you want, I have contributed about as much to the team as he has (nothing).

Of course Tex is going to be overpaid. That's what we have to do when you have 11 straight losing seasons to bring top-tier guys here. I have no problem with it. The national media can say that all they want, and they're right, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I am so sick of people overreacting and holding onto every word from the media.

Are they in? Are they out of the bidding?

The fact is these clowns have no idea and are just writing stories speculating about possible scenarios.

I give no credence to any of these reports. All these guys are doing is writing stuff and hoping one of their "stories" ends up sticking and becomes a reality.

Said it before and I will say it again, the only people who know anything are the people directly involved (and Belkast :D)

The sports media competition is stiff and all these guys are doing is trying to break the story before the next guy, and just hoping their theories on to who is going where and why actually sticks.

Nothing more, nothing less. They are writing stuff so they are not one upped by the competition, and when they are wrong, will act all shocked and awed, ( and never admit they were wrong )

Daisuke is a terrible analogy. He had no other option or go back to Japan.

If Boston won't go above their 8/180 offer, then they are done because Tex will not take less money and years to play there.

8/180 is not going to land Tex.

This is just the media wanting to keep the Sux in the Teixeira derby so they can talk about them.

Archived