Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I wouldn't count out that team so easily. It could be that they are being just as "quiet" as AM is right now. All the players have their poker faces on.....

Who's counting them out? All the article said was that they haven't spoken to each other since Thursday.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angels may have been driven out by a new price if Boras told them the offer on the table that beat them, and they needed to go higher. But whose offer is it?

The patterns in the media run like this:

Red Sox 8/170 - 21.25/yr

Nationals 8/160 - 20.00/yr

Orioles 7/150 - 21.40/yr

Boras 8/180-195+ - 22.50-24.375/yr

Mystery Team 8/17? - 21.4+/yr

Angels may have been driven out by a new price if Boras told them the offer on the table that beat them, and they needed to go higher. But whose offer is it?

I think Boras has known all along that he can play the "higher offer" card against the big market teams. If it works, he gets Tex 200 million, if it backfires (like in this case, so far) he can spin the Tex took less money to go home.

If the O's are considering seven years for a player of Tex's caliber, why not just add one more year?

I'm sure they will add an eighth year in the end, but in the scheme of things, is one additional year going to hurt the team?

If the numbers are right 8/175 seems like a winner. The more time goes by, the more I believe that Teix, does not want to play in Boston. Something is holding up the Red Sox deal and you havto believe it is the allure of playing at home. I think we can all agree that the Orioles are not the boldest or most creative franchise in MLB but if we can muster up a large dose of both and drop that 8th year, this thing wil be over and the week someone speculated wouldbe the worst in Baltimore sports history could becomethe best.

Look at it this way PGA, after 11 years the Oriole fan deserves a big Christmas present. Put a bow on Tex and place him under the tree.

If the numbers are right 8/175 seems like a winner. The more time goes by, the more I believe that Teix, does not want to play in Boston. Something is holding up the Red Sox deal and you havto believe it is the allure of playing at home. I think we can all agree that the Orioles are not the boldest or most creative franchise in MLB but if we can muster up a large dose of both and drop that 8th year, this thing wil be over and the week someone speculated wouldbe the worst in Baltimore sports history could becomethe best.

Look at it this way PGA, after 11 years the Oriole fan deserves a big Christmas present. Put a bow on Tex and place him under the tree.

An eighth year at the same annual rate should bring the O's to 8yr/$171.4MM

I think the Angels dropping out makes it very unlikely that the Red Sox increase their offer. I think they are gonna make Tex decide between taking the highest offer from Wash/Baltimore or coming to them for slightly less. Fortunately for us in this case, I don't think there is any chance he takes less money to paly for anybody. He's going where the most money is. If they stick to a 8/~$175M deal, I think we can and will beat that.

Just gonna come down to whether we outbid the Nats or not if the Angels are indeed out and the Red Sox don't increase their offer.

An eighth year at the same annual rate should bring the O's to 8yr/$171.4MM

I'm bad at math but you're right about that. If we just add that one more year, Teixiera is an Oriole along with the news we've heard. And if the Red Sox are indeed out (I know, I know but....). And if the Yankees haven't even submitted a bid and haven't made noise.

Archived