Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Why did we ever pick that guy? :ohlord:

(maybe we thought Cumberland university was close to baltimore:rolleyes: )

That was an era where we drafted poorly and picked people based on whether or not they would sign for slot, not whether or not they were the best talent available.

Thankfully that era is over.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot see this dragging into January. Manny wants to be signed along with the other free agents. And they do need to start their training for spring training and everything else. So I would have to think that this gets done this week. I am hoping today is the day but haven't we thought that about the past days?

Buck Martinez "My mantra has always been, you sigh the FA as the last piece of the puzzle...for the Nats or the Orioles, he may be theat last piece of the puzzle, but hey would just be getting him earlier in the process."

Goes on to say, he doesn't think O's will up their offer, and thinks the Yankees are a sleeping Giant ready to pounce on Tex with an insane contract stating that he is a much better fit than Manny.

This is to funny!! I had a dream the saturday night before the Ravens played the Steelers that he had signed with the Red Sox. I woke up :cussing: and screaming like it had really happened. Then come to find out i received the text WNST saying teix was going to the game with PA. I am letting this get to me to too much. Hopefully it goes in the O's favor SOON.....

Okay, we need to stop the madness. Any man that is dreaming of Mark Teixeira needs to get seriously laid. And, any woman that is dreaming of Mark Teixeira, well, she needs some, too! :D

When this all started, I was not really sure if signing Tex to this huge contract would hurt or help the Orioles long term...

I was questioning where the franchise is now, and how long into his contract will be ready to compete.

But after this whole fiasco, I have noticed regular everyday people talking about the Orioles again with real excitement in their voices.

I have noticed people while working in department stores, or at mall kiosks, even people in Comcast....all talking Orioles and what it would mean to them to be good again.

This city and the state of Maryland truly loves the Orioles deep down somewhere in their beings.

Just the thought of signing this guy is eliciting hope in people who I would never characterize normally as Orioles fans.

We just simply have to get this done, for now and into the future.

There is just no excuse to not see this thing through to the end. Economically and competitivevely, failure is not an option in this sweepstakes!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Okay, we need to stop the madness. Any man that is dreaming of Mark Teixeira needs to get seriously laid. And, any woman that is dreaming of Mark Teixeira, well, she needs some, too! :D

I had dream last night that I was playing football, but I was naked and riding a unicorn also instead of tackling players I poured Kool-aid on them and they turned into potted azealeas...If you've also had this dream we need to talk.

I had dream last night that I was playing football, but I was naked and riding a unicorn also instead of tackling players I poured Kool-aid on them and they turned into potted azealeas...If you've also had this dream we need to talk.

Well, I kinda had that dream but in my dream I was riding Theo Epstein.

I think I need help.

In light of the recent "dreas" people have had about Tex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

I couldn't resist. :D

"I just wanna tell him how I'm feeling,

Gotta make him understand.

Never gonna give Tex up

Never gonna let Tex down

Never gonna run around and desert him

Never gonna make Tex cry

Never say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie, and hurt him".

Funny guy!:laughlol:

I just been reading and watching this saga non stop for almost 2 weeks now. It's driving my brain nuts.:eektf:

Archived