Lowther recalled, Sedlock optioned

MurphDogg

For all the (deserved) talk about how Lowther needs to be gone pronto, it should not go unnoticed that Bryan Baker was also terrible last night and is definitely the weak link of the bullpen.  I would rather have someone like Vespi up here full time, even if it means exposing Baker to waivers (not sure if he has an option left).  

6 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

For all the (deserved) talk about how Lowther needs to be gone pronto, it should not go unnoticed that Bryan Baker was also terrible last night and is definitely the weak link of the bullpen.  I would rather have someone like Vespi up here full time, even if it means exposing Baker to waivers (not sure if he has an option left).  

Baker as 2 options.  They may option him at some point but its doubtful they DFA him IMO.

1 hour ago, Three Run Homer said:

And it's done with Reyes getting called up and Lowther is back to Norfolk. Gutsy effort by Lowther last night to save the bullpen from burning out even further.