Are the Orioles your #1 team overall?

EOGDOT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is neck and neck between the Orioles and the University of Arkansas Razorbacks! O-R-I-O-L-E-S and WOOOOOO Pig Soooieeee Razorback! Go Hawgs!

wow. I can not imagine how enthusiastic you would be if your teams were decent. I thought Monk was going to be a stud in the NFL, injuries got the best of him.

Maryland native, but I've been in Colorado a long, long time. So, my list is weird:

1. Orioles - By far and away. Favorite sport, favorite team.

2. Rockies - So, the good Lord saw fit to move me from me one team that hates to spend money to another.

3. Colorado Buffaloes - College football is a major love in my sports family, after all things baseball.

4. Denver Broncos - Yep. Those wacky guys.

5. Maryland Terps - Football and hoops. And hey, three time men's National soccer champs too.

6. Colorado Avs - Hockey never used to be on my list, but since '96 this team has changed my mind about the entire sport.

7. Miami Dolphins - Shula's fault. My family followed the respected coach's career when he left the Baltimore Colts. If the Colts were still where they belong, they would be in the #3 spot overall. Can't get into the Ravens no matter how hard I try. Until Ray Lewis is gone, I can't do it.

8. Denver Nuggets - Melo (before he got hurt) was really starting to display some of that potential.

9. Denver Pioneers - Great college hockey program, six National titles.

10. Wyoming Cowboys - A few years there as well, my journalism career was there, covering sports.

I told you it was a weird list.

-Don

1. Baltimore Orioles [2008: 68-93, 5th in AL East, No Playoffs]

2. Baltimore Ravens [2008 so far: 10-5, 2nd in AFC North, #6 Seed in Playoffs]

3. Notre Dame College Football [2008: 6-6, Will play Hawaii in the Hawaii Bowl on 12/24]

4. Maryland College Basketball [2008-09: 8-2, Unranked, 7th in the ACC]

5. Orlando Magic Basketball [2008-09: 22-6, 1st Place in the Southeastern Conference]

6. Philadelphia Flyers [2008-09: 33-18-8, 43 Pts, 2nd in Eastern Conference]

7. Orlando Predators [2008: 9-7, 2nd in the Southern Division, Lost in 1st Round of Playoffs]

8. D.C. United [2008: 11W-4D-15L, 6th in Eastern Conference]

9. Manchester United [2008-09: 9W-5D-2L, 32 Pts, 4th in English Premier League, FIFA Club World Cup Champions!]

What can I say...I love sports. But the top two teams on this list are far and away much more important to me than the rest of the teams on the list. Basically not a day goes by that I don't think about the Orioles. So yes, they are my number #1 team overall, and have been since I was about 10 years old. Being that I will be 25 this coming year, that's 15 years of Orioles baseball, the last 11 of which have been trying on me, but eventually, someday, all of this will pay off. Watching every game, going to as many as possible, pouring over the OH, trying to become a more educated O's fan, all of this will pay off. Hell, I cried when the Ravens won the Super Bowl...sorry for not being too masculine there, but when it comes to the Orioles and the Ravens, I really take it way too seriously. I invest everything I can in those teams, and I live and die with each win and loss. The day the Orioles win a World Series...something I have never seen in person, will without a day be one of the greatest days of my life. Yes far behind getting married and/or having kids and all that other stuff that should of course be the most amazing. I think I have said enough...thanks for reading.

The O's are definitely my #1 professional Team (by Far) but I have to give the #1 and #2 overall spots to Maryland Basketball and Maryland Football respectively, and to be honest, it's not even close.

that said, I've witnessed Maryland win a National Championship in Basketball so I think I'd be happier to see the O's win the World Series.

1. Baltimore Orioles

2. Baltimore Ravens

3. West Virginia Mountaineers (Football/Basketball)

4. Maryland Terrapins (Football/Basketball)

I used to watch the NBA back in the 90s when I was in high school/college. Have never been into hockey. And never felt an attraction to any of the DC teams. So that's pretty much my entire list right there.

Archived