Are the Orioles your #1 team overall?

EOGDOT

College football is my favorite sport, so the O's don't make or break my sports year quite as much as a couple other teams, but I do have the O's in my blood. I look for baseball rumors all off season and I never miss an O's game. This board is amazingly active considering what time of year it is. I'm happy to have run into some others who seem to have the Orioles on their mind each day.

csmiley9.gifcsmiley9.gifcsmiley9.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Orioles but I love the Ravens just as much. With that said I care far more about how the Ravens perform then the Orioles. That is because I think I have become numb to the losing after 11 years, I dont really expect us to win so I cant really be that disappointed.

So I have to say right now the Ravens are my number one team, That takes nothing away from the Orioles, I will be a Oriole fan until the day I die its just a by product of over a decade of losing.

They used to be at one point. But, I find myself watching less and less Orioles. Still a big fan, but once august gets here, my attention switches to football. They are number 3 in my book, behind Penn State and the Indianapolis Colts. They are all close together though. I wouldn't be posting here if I still weren't a big fan.

1) Orioles

2) Ravens

3) University of Delaware collegiate sports

4) University of Maryland collegiate sports

Other than that, I don't follow any other teams.

I am a diehard baseball fan, having it played it for so long, and I will always follow the Orioles, but the Ravens are growing on me, but I dont follow them very closely. I couldnt name more than 10 players on the team, whereas I could name the entire 40 man roster of the Orioles off the top of my head.

Neck and neck between the Skins and O's for me.

It's interesting though, usually by mid-August I can't wait for football season and I'm sick of the O's yearly tailspin.

Then again, usually right around this time of year I'm disgusted by the Redskins and can't wait for spring training to start.

It's a vicious circle :)

I would have to say that the Orioles are definitely my number one team. As weird as it is to say, I think it does have a little to do with their lack of success also. I WANT to see them succeed so bad that I hinge on every off season move, every trade, every game up to a certain point. My other teams for the most part are pretty successful if not extremely, so I'm used to seeing them win, I just crave a good Orioles team so bad now, its not even funny.

1. Orioles

2. Carolina Panthers

3. UNC Tarheels in everything

4, Charlotte Bobcats

I would have to say that the Orioles are definitely my number one team. As weird as it is to say, I think it does have a little to do with their lack of success also. I WANT to see them succeed so bad that I hinge on every off season move, every trade, every game up to a certain point. My other teams for the most part are pretty successful if not extremely, so I'm used to seeing them win, I just crave a good Orioles team so bad now, its not even funny.

1. Orioles

2. Carolina Panthers

3. UNC Tarheels in everything

4, Charlotte Bobcats

Interesting list. All Carolina and then up north with the Birds!

highfive.gif

It's interesting though, usually by mid-August I can't wait for football season and I'm sick of the O's yearly tailspin.

Then again, usually right around this time of year I'm disgusted by the Redskins and can't wait for spring training to start.

That sums me up perfectly as well Moose.

Ain't it the truth. Zorn's personal vendetta against Portis cost them the game against the Bengals...who gives Sellers the ball twice in a row on the 1 over Portis unless he's just miffed cause of the media circus during the week?

I hate the Redskins.

That being said, I would trade the 1991 Skins Super Bowl victory for an Orioles World Series victory in my lifetime anyday.

Archived