Are the Orioles your #1 team overall?

EOGDOT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1). O's first and foremost...I've grown up with them, and when I was growing up, that's all there was.

2). UMD BBall - from my first memories being Joe Smith and Keith Booth...

3). Ravens - took my awhile to really warm up to them...they had to earn my fandom...and with winning a SB so early in their history it kind of turned me off, cause of all the bandwagoners.

4). UMD Football

I follow the Caps and hockey in general...but not as much as I did, let's say 5 or 6 years ago.

#1 - Orioles. By a country mile, actually. From seeing game 2 of the 1983 WS, to Cal's 2131 game, this team has given me so many great memories. The last 11 years have been a little "difficult," but I bleed orange and black for life.

#2 - Ravens. PSL owner since 1998. There have been plenty of ups and downs, but I we're lucky to have one of the better NFL franchises. Superb facilities, a terrific FO, and a perennial defensive powerhouse. This year has been especially fun.

#3 - Terps. Football and Men's basketball.

As a kid growing up and well into adulthood, I would have said yes.

The fight to get football back here has made me a much bigger fan than I was in my youth. Couple that with the way I personally was treated by the sales staff when I had season tickets and I actually spent several years in the early 2000's not paying attention to the Orioles at all. I came back mainly in order to start teaching my sons the game.

Today I'd rank them:

1)Orioles/Ravens (tied)

2)Towson U (hey, I went there)

No one else even ranks. If UM does well I smile a little, but it doesn't bother me if they don't.

Now if we'd get hockey back in this town, all bets would be off.

Growing up in DC when we didn't have a team, I began following and loving the Orioles and Cal Ripken. Now that DC has a team, I cannot get into the Nats so I still Love the O's. My list would probably break down as follows:

1. O's

2. Redskins

3. University of Virginia Baseball

4. Wake Forest Basketball

5. Local Area Baseball

Archived