Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is just absolutely ridiculous .... how the hell can you grow up an orioles fan, express you want to play there ... openly admit during games you look at the orioles score on the scoreboard .... and then you go and sign with the yankees .... just doesnt make sense to me at all

Well, turns out that he lied to him hometown... so he could get PAID.

If this is really true, then GAME ON Teixeira. I certainly hope the loss of Tex only adds fuel to the fire of our newly improved front office (add Krivsky) to be creative, spend wisely, develop talent excellently, and not sleep until we have a winner in Baltimore.

From my cheap seat perspective, this is shocking and very disappointing. Most of all, it seems to delay/extend the journey to respectability. I HOPE that isn't true; I hope in some way, it accelerates it, because it shows that we have to work harder and smarter.

The Yanks are the Yanks. They've proven that. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.

I'm just sad to know that Tex chose them. My voice will have something to say about that from my seat on opening day. I hope the other 47k fans will join with me in expressing their disapproval in his choice.

where belkast now he complete liar, who lied about tex was coming and everything. he should be ban for wishcasting allabout tex coming here.:angryfire::angryfire:

You insider bashers need to take a timeout. The information those guys provide is only what they hear and they will even tell you to take it's for what it's worth. I for one appreciate the info they have provided as this place would have become mundane without their contributions. The problem is that many of you took everything that was posted as gospel even when the insiders said many times to "take it for what it's worth."

Rant over!

So, Tex is a sellout because the Orioles proved YET AGAIN, that they are a joke of a franchise?

He is a sell out because AM did a poor job in these negotiations?

He is a sell out because AM sat on his rear en and didn't aggressively pursue him?

Bingo.

Though the dust hasn't settled yet, I like how you're already blaming AM. Perhaps Angelos shot it down...we don't know yet.

But yes, the O's are a joke of a franchise.

So, Tex is a sellout because the Orioles prooved YET AGAIN, that they are a joke of a franchise?

He is a sell out because AM did a poor job in these negotiations?

He is a sell out because AM sat on his rear en and didn't aggressively pursue him?

I'm with you, SG. Though I suspect NY is where he always wanted to go. Regardless, unless Tex never really considered Baltimore, losing out to that contract is on the Orioles front office.

"We would have loved to have had the player, who appealed to us because of the special circumstances of where he's from and where we are. We diverted from our plan to try to get him," Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said. "But at the end of the day, it was just too much to pay for one player. It would handicap our ability to go forward."

BALTIMORE SUN

LOL @ this sites "insiders". Thanks for nothing!

You insider bashers need to take a timeout. The information those guys provide is only what they hear and they will even tell you to take it's for what it's worth. I for one appreciate the info they have provided as this place would have become mundane without their contributions. The problem is that many of you took everything that was posted as gospel even when the insiders said many times to "take it for what it's worth."

Rant over!

Rant over!

Thank you for saying it.

Archived