2022 Draft Tracker

53 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I assume if a pick in the 11th to 20th rounds signs for over 125k, only the amount over 125k counts against the draft pool.  Seems like the O's willingness to go up to 5% over the draft pool will decide whether they are able to sign all their late overslots.

Yes, that is true, I meant anything over $125K counts against the pool money.

If the O’s use the max of their bonus pool, they have about $1.62M + $125k/player to work with for Showalter, Young, and Walters. 

We’re currently $755,500 underslot. And the the 5% is $846,650.

**this assumes McLean, Johnson, Weston, Crampton, and Chaney sign at slot value. Underslot for a guy like Johnson would give a little more. 

9 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I didn’t see this in this thread, so here is what Ruiz has for rounds 7-10 (pretty surprised by the Johnson number).

That's interesting, considering everyone was projecting Johnson to be a an underslot pick.

33 minutes ago, waroriole said:

We’re getting pretty close to the deadline of August 1. I wonder if McLean is a legit possibility to not sign. I imagine the 3 potential late round overslot will take this into Monday on their decision. 

I think they are trying to go underslot on McLean to sign Showalter for whatever they agreed to when they drafted him.    My guess is they have to cave in and pay McLean slot and go a little into the penalty area to complete the deal with Showalter.    I'd be very surprised if either were not signed.   Just as surprised if either Young or Walters were signed.

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think they are trying to go underslot on McLean to sign Showalter for whatever they agreed to when they drafted him.    My guess is they have to cave in and pay McLean slot and go a little into the penalty area to complete the deal with Showalter.    I'd be very surprised if either were not signed.   Just as surprised if either Young or Walters were signed.

I think that’s a reasonable scenario. I don’t see any reason for Walters not to sign too. If he’s able to get 400K, why go back to school when you’re a RP? Young is probably a pipe dream. He might’ve been drafted in case Showalter backs out. 

11 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think that’s a reasonable scenario. I don’t see any reason for Walters not to sign too. If he’s able to get 400K, why go back to school when you’re a RP? Young is probably a pipe dream. He might’ve been drafted in case Showalter backs out. 

There's a reason no one drafted Walters top 6-10 rounds.   He wants to go back to school and play with his brother.  He must have a number and maybe another year of school and one year of playing with his brother is worth more than 400K to him.   Just saying.    I think both Young and Walters were drafted in case Showalter backed out or failed his physical.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1