2022 Draft Tracker

20 minutes ago, adam_jonzin' said:

I’d have preferred Jones. I think the talent and makeup are pretty much a wash. But jones has a great personality. Would love to have a guy like Tatis, Chisholm or Trout on the club. It’s a good pick though. Love the guys with ex-Pro dads and honestly, our guy’s got the best of the bunch. Takes so much pressure off when you’ve got a dad who’s been through it. 

So would you prefer the personality that drove his motorcycle around recklessly until he got hurt and missed most of the season, or the personality that was apparently so abrasive that it led to a team meeting because the other 25 guys on the roster hated the player in question?

5 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

So would you prefer the personality that drove his motorcycle around recklessly until he got hurt and missed most of the season, or the personality that was apparently so abrasive that it led to a team meeting because the other 25 guys on the roster hated the player in question?

Hard to choose—can I have both?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Beavers and Fabian are high upside projects.  Wagner is a performer.   The O's like power but all three guys can play defense although I saw conflicting reports on Wagner at 3B.

They drafted a lot of power potential.  Will they hit?

The fact that they did not take one pitcher in these first four picks is disturbing. Two of the college hitters they took are right-handed power guys when they have a cavernous left field in Camden Yards.

I'm sure they know more than me, but not impressed with this draft in the least bit so far.

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Rd Pk Player Pos Slot Spent Savings 1. 1     $8,842,200     1a. 33     $2,313,900     2. 42     $1,861,000     2b. 67     $1,026,300     3. 81     $793,600     4. 107     $571,100     5. 137     $426,600     6. 167     $319,600     7. 197     $249,000     8. 227     $197,200     9. 257     $167,800     10. 287     $155,700

If everyone tonight took a 10% cut, and rounds 4-10 relegated to $10,000 guys, then coloring inside the lines before stretching 4.9%, the most that might be funneled to 3-81 looks like perhaps...

880000 + 230000 + 180000 + 100000 + 793600 + 560000 + 416000 + 309000 + 239000 + 187000 + 157000 + 145000

So....a little bit over $4mm.     Longenhagen forecast Brock Porter for the middle of Round1, where something around $4mm seems approximately correct.

ESPN Kiley McDaniel had him only 24th, where a high 2's/low 3's meeting point might not cripple everything else. 

10 hours ago, foxfield said:

Possible. But so is the opposite.  At some point in a total rebuild....you have to believe somewhat in what these guys are doing...otherwise we are sort of flagellating ourselves.

Which apparently certain people find purifying--redemptive even. Brian Roberts hit himself with a bat and we all know it was career-changing.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, adam_jonzin' said:

Yeah, I know. I wasn't trying to stir the pot or get us off topic. I was just imagining a lineup and rotation in 2 years that has no diversity whatsoever, and thinking Jones was the BPA (I know, Camden dimensions play against his power) and Johnson was the budget choice. 

Whatever, I'm sorry -- let's move on. That was dumb.

Stop now!

This is not the stuff we discuss on the Hangout and we certainly don't derail a tracker page for this. We discuss baseball. No more posts about this or you will be banned.

12 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The fact that they did not take one pitcher in these first four picks is disturbing. Two of the college hitters they took are right-handed power guys when they have a cavernous left field in Camden Yards.

I'm sure they know more than me, but not impressed with this draft in the least bit so far.

I don't know what I think, but I tend to agree with this based on first impressions. We'll see where they go today. I want pitching though and I want it to be good pitching.