2022 Draft Tracker

31 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I was hoping we might take a chance on Chandler Simpson, the speedy SS from GT who led the NCAA in batting average this year, but it looks like the Rays took him a few picks after we took Fabian.

I liked him too but he certainly doesn't fit the profile they are looking for.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I liked him too but he certainly doesn't fit the profile they are looking for.

Yeah, I kinda realized that, but I think he just has that it factor. I hope he does well with the Rays, he is an exciting player for sure.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I hate playing the underslot/overslot guessing game, but it’s looking like Holliday might not have given us the discount we all thought, and that Beavers/Wagner will be overslots. 

Yeah you must be right because I don’t see an obvious overslot today. 

• Upvote 1

I know draftees are not eligible on Tony's power rankings until they make their professional debut... but does Beavers make our Top 10?  Anyone like him better than Norby or Prieto?  How about Wagner?  After Holliday, I'm very underwhelmed with this class but, as always, Elias and team know way more and it will take some time before we can judge anything.

12 minutes ago, Ripken said:

I know draftees are not eligible on Tony's power rankings until they make their professional debut... but does Beavers make our Top 10?  Anyone like him better than Norby or Prieto?  How about Wagner?  After Holliday, I'm very underwhelmed with this class but, as always, Elias and team know way more and it will take some time before we can judge anything.

I think you have to like his upside over a Norby or Prieto.  I actually think that's where he slots in, the 9-11 range.  Pretty big drop off between 8 and 9 in our system. 

14 hours ago, Ripken said:

For me, they start at 10 and can be slotted in any order from there. Obviously hoping some of the international guys start to crash this party, Baumler gets healthy and performs, Mayo gets healthy and shows the world he's an elite prospect, etc.

1. Grayson
2. Gunnar
3. Holliday
4. Hall
5. Cowser
6. Mayo
7. Westburg 
8. Stowers
9. Kjerstad
10. Beavers
11. Norby
12. Wagner
13. Prieto
14. Baumler

• Upvote 1

I have to run, but it looks like the O's nabbed a few really interesting guys in the last 10 rounds. Not sure who will sign or who will not, but if they get most of these guys signed this draft ends up looking very interesting, in a good way, to me.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:01 AM, LookinUp said:

For me, they start at 10 and can be slotted in any order from there. Obviously hoping some of the international guys start to crash this party, Baumler gets healthy and performs, Mayo gets healthy and shows the world he's an elite prospect, etc.

1. Grayson
2. Gunnar
3. Holliday
4. Hall
5. Cowser
6. Mayo
7. Westburg 
8. Stowers
9. Kjerstad
10. Beavers
11. Norby
12. Wagner
13. Prieto
14. Baumler

That's a pretty solid list.  We're teetering on WC contention at the moment, and we've really yet to tap into the system.  These NCAA bats can move fast.  We're really set up offensively for a big run 2023-2032.  Some of the lower ranked position players will be secondary pieces in trades to improve the MLB roster soon.  Maybe as soon as next trade deadline.  Now we really need the DSL class to be big next year to make up for the lack of high draft picks and overall bonus pool.  

The future is bright.  

• Upvote 1