Rutschman vs Witt

Filmstudy

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

The question wasn’t who would you rather have drafted, it’s who would you rather have going forward.   Similar question but not exactly the same.  In a vacuum the case for Witt is clear, but we’re not living in a vacuum.  

Going forward is twisted since Witt has signed an extension.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think at least some of us would be going Hey it's cool we have Gunnar and Witt both but geez, McCann starting 120 games at Catcher is kinda killing us.

Well I would hope the fan base isn’t dumb enough to believe Elias would have us in that situation with the C position.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Going forward is twisted since Witt has signed an extension.

I didn’t interpret the question to include contract considerations, but maybe some read it that way.  

The question to me is, would you rather have going forward, Adley and Gunnar or Witt and <player selected instead of Gunnar>. Unless you think Elias would have selected Witt and Gunnar.

Edited by spleen1015

Just now, spleen1015 said:

The question to me is, would you rather have going forward, Adley and Gunnar or Witt and <player select instead of Gunnar>. Unless you think Elias would have selected Witt and Gunnar.

I think if Gunnar had been on the board that Elias would have pulled the trigger.

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

The question to me is, would you rather have going forward, Adley and Gunnar or Witt and <player selected instead of Gunnar>. Unless you think Elias would have selected Witt and Gunnar.

When Gunnar was drafted, the thought was he likely ends up at third.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t have drafted him.

Now, it’s fair to wonder if they take Westburg or Holliday.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well, the O's can't just be signing some middling Catcher.  😉

Sal Perez is doing a pretty good job of disproving the “all catchers fall apart after age 30” thing.  So I’m sure Royals fans are quite content having Witt, just like we’re content having Adley since we also have Gunnar.  Two pretty good SS/C tandems to build a team around in 2024.

Just now, Frobby said:

Sal Perez is doing a pretty good job of disproving the “all catchers fall apart after age 30” thing.  So I’m sure Royals fans are quite content having Witt, just like we’re content having Adley since we also have Gunnar.  Two pretty good SS/C tandems to build a team around in 2024.

Perez should be subjected to an extensive drug test. 

Just now, dystopia said:

Perez should be subjected to an extensive drug test. 

MLB doesn't want to do that.

All sorts of guys might start testing positive for things if they improve their testing.

Right now they get a couple foreign born players test positive every year and it looks like they are doing something.

• Upvote 1

The catcher situation will be solidified once Basallo is up.  And as for the Rutschman vs Witt question, no doubt regarding Adley.  Having a great defensive catcher who can also hit is the hardest thing to find in baseball.

Just now, Cuellar35 said:

The catcher situation will be solidified once Basallo is up.  And as for the Rutschman vs Witt question, no doubt regarding Adley.  Having a great defensive catcher who can also hit is the hardest thing to find in baseball.

I'm down with a bat first catcher but even I'm not convinced Basallo is a lock to stay at the position.