Terrin Vavra Bandwagon

Filmstudy

22 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Terrin’s dad, Joe Vavra, was the long time hitting coach and bench coach with the Twins from 2005-2017. 

The Twins hitting performances and approach during that run were outstanding overall. 

Terrin’s knowledge of hitting has been built in lots of ways 

I do love the anecdote that Terrin set balls on the tee for Joe Mauer.    That's good middle school opportunity right there.

I'm actively considering if Mini-Mauer works as a nickname watching his early weeks in the show.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I do love the anecdote that Terrin set balls on the tee for Joe Mauer.    That's good middle school opportunity right there.

I'm actively considering if Mini-Mauer works as a nickname watching his early weeks in the show.

Mauer without power?

19 hours ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

So, question about today's game. Game thread chatter was saying the infield wasn't shifting the way they had been all season. If they had been shifting as they have with Urias at 3B and Odor at 2B, would that string of grounders in the 5th been minimized by a hit or two? 

I was at the game and pretty close to the action down the right field line. I don't think that defensive arrangement would have changed anything. The grounders found holes for the most part. There was one Vavra dove for and missed, but you'd pretty much have to be a gold glove 2B to make that play.

The one that bounced to Odor and the runner beat the throw, Urias wouldn't have had either. Machado probably makes that play though

23 hours ago, tinman said:

The stat geek nerds don't like him. Go figure. Those "fans" are always miserable. Hello, we are one game out from a playoff spot. You play to win baseball games. Vavra is hot and getting on base. The nerds can suck it. Play him and ride the hot bat. It's called winning the baseball game.

This is not how we operate here. We treat everyone with respect. You are new so I'll just give you a warning, but this is not Facebook or the wild wild west of Twitter. Please be more respectful in your posts here.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

I was at the game and pretty close to the action down the right field line. I don't think that defensive arrangement would have changed anything. The grounders found holes for the most part. There was one Vavra dove for and missed, but you'd pretty much have to be a gold glove 2B to make that play.

The one that bounced to Odor and the runner beat the throw, Urias wouldn't have had either. Machado probably makes that play though

I think the 2 grounders to RF would have been fielded by Odor because he would have been playing the shift where's he's in shallow RF. I was the one who posted questioning whether they were playing a different shift with Vavra at 2B versus Odor.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is not how we operate here. We treat everyone with respect. You are new so I'll just give you a warning, but this is not Facebook or the wild wild west of Twitter. Please be more respectful in your posts here.

I think he was banned yesterday or at least given a timeout for a derogatory term he posted in the game thread. :D

22 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I think the 2 grounders to RF would have been fielded by Odor because he would have been playing the shift where's he's in shallow RF. I was the one who posted questioning whether they were playing a different shift with Vavra at 2B versus Odor.

The shift looked pretty much the same to me. Vavra might have been a bit shallower