Why I hate Chris Davis' Contract

tinman

I have my reasons. Part of it was he was historically bad after signing the huge deal. So the lack of production was annoying. 

My main gripe was that he just didnt care enough to put in the effort. He had no financial incentive to put in the work to remain a good hitter. He just sat on his butt and simply decided he was done working on his hitting. Being an MLB caliber hitter requires you to put in the work. And he just didnt do it. He quit on the team. He quit on himself. He brought shame to the organization. If he has actually tried and put in the work, but just couldn't hit anymore I'd be less irritated. 

Now we have to pay him. Nah. That's not how I roll.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

@tinman, I see you’ve only joined OH a few months ago.  You can be sure that the Chris Davis situation has been discussed ad nauseum for the last six years.  So, you probably won’t get much response here, as we’re all glad that he’s no longer relevant.  

He is relevant. Hes getting paid millions by the team.

He didnt care. That's so unacceptable. Hes a professional ball player and he acted like he was in a beer league.

31 minutes ago, tinman said:

He is relevant. Hes getting paid millions by the team.

He didnt care. That's so unacceptable. Hes a professional ball player and he acted like he was in a beer league.

Okay, I'll bite.  How do you know that he stopped caring and didn't put the work in?

Yes, his productivity cratered.  Do you have any insight into his work ethic beyond his results?

I think this thread is more of an expression of frustration and venting.  Glad to have @tinmancontributing to the forum!  Yes, Monday morning quarterbacking gets us all frustrated.  I was ecstatic when he signed simply because it showed me the front office was willing to spend.  In retrospect, the $ for Crush and Ubaldo didn’t pan out (our big signings of the 2010’s).