Why I hate Chris Davis' Contract

tinman

What's surprising is the hangout has several posters that want the O's to sign free agents for 10 years and $300 million+.  The O's aren't the Yankees and can't shrug off non productive players making $30 million/year.  The only long term (5 year+) contracts I want the O's to sign are pre arbitration deals. 

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would feel bad till I checked my bank balance.

As a psychiatrist I have seen multimillionaires who also suffer considerable torment from their mind and brain 

There is an old saying.. the only thing worse than not getting what we want is getting what we want. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tinman said:

He is relevant. Hes getting paid millions by the team.

He didnt care. That's so unacceptable. Hes a professional ball player and he acted like he was in a beer league.

I don't know man. I never got the feeling that he didn't care or wasn't trying. To just totally fall off like that and basically be unable to do your only job any longer, that's got to be embarrassing. Especially, when you become a national punchline. Sure we can quibble that he should have walked away sooner and he "stole" money but it's real easy for fans to say that. I don't know easy it would be for me to give up a guaranteed contract.

5 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

I don't know man. I never got the feeling that he didn't care or wasn't trying. To just totally fall off like that and basically be unable to do your only job any longer, that's got to be embarrassing. Especially, when you become a national punchline. Sure we can quibble that he should have walked away sooner and he "stole" money but it's real easy for fans to say that. I don't know easy it would be for me to give up a guaranteed contract.

He lied about working with the hitting coach in the off-season.

• Upvote 1

There was that one moment in the spring where Jim Palmer just lit Davis up..........questioning his work ethic and commitment.  Think it was over the kerfuffle with the hitting coach over the off-season.

Also there were multiple times where Davis would get asked about making adjustments to his approach and he would almost always say (paraphrasing) "not interested in making any changes, i got to be successful doing this a certain way........why would I change what made me successful."

Edited by Aglets
  • Upvote 1