We Got Ourselves a WC Spot

justD

4 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I think if the season ended now, we'd technically lose the second tiebreaker vs TB. I'm really hoping to see the WC spot unambiguously tonight.

Tied at 8-8 with them. This weekend would settle any tiebreaker scenarios if it happened.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Pfft, forget the wild card. We've made up 10.5 games in the Yankees over the past month.  Just kidding. Or am I?

The way they are faltering, that would be some icing. Yankees fans are already in hysteria, can't imagine what the meltdown would be like if they lost the division lead. 

(That's Corn's cue to show up with a Def Leppard vid)

Edited by oh-wee-ohs

Will be very interested to see how this group of players and coaches handle being on the precipice of such a psychological summit. Will they tighten up? Will they keep having fun? Will we still see precision air strikes and waving to the bullpen on the jog around second? 

I suspect we're going to see playoff baseball management tonight from Hyde if the game can be played.

Then again... lots of baseball to be played so maybe it's a ho-hum kind of approach because they're professionals who've been playing in spots like this before -- even though many haven't done it yet in the pros or with this Baltimore team.

20 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Pfft, forget the wild card. We've made up 10.5 games in the Yankees over the past month.  Just kidding. Or am I?

The way they’re laying an egg in Seattle, I hope we beat the snot out of them the next time we play. 

3 minutes ago, AdamK said:

Will be very interested to see how this group of players and coaches handle being on the precipice of such a psychological summit. Will they tighten up? Will they keep having fun? Will we still see precision air strikes and waving to the bullpen on the jog around second? 

I suspect we're going to see playoff baseball management tonight from Hyde if the game can be played.

Then again... lots of baseball to be played so maybe it's a ho-hum kind of approach because they're professionals who've been playing in spots like this before -- even though many haven't done it yet in the pros or with this Baltimore team.

I don't know, I can't imagine this group being ho-hum. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

In theory we should be rooting for Yanks vs the Mariners because that really who we can catch but it just so hard to do that.  Maybe once September hits it won’t be as hard when you can see the finish line if we still in it.

I'd rather just keep winning.  O's don't need help.

• Upvote 3

I remember in 2012 from like May till August, every pundit and their mother was like, "there's no way this is sustainable, the O's are gonna come crashing back down to earth."

Then i think Dave Cameron said something like, "you know, this is probably not sustainable, but we were probably a little low on our preseason expectations.  And since it's already August, they're probably making the playoffs even if they do crash back down to earth." After that point, I felt like everyone took the O's more seriously.

It's a little more dicey for the 2022 O's because we aren't in the division lead.  But it's still interesting and exciting.