Orioles at Rays. Sunday, August 14th

sportsfan8703

5 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I am fine if warts and all the organization's August 13 conclusion was DL Hall gave them a better chance to compete with Shane McClanahan than Spenser Watkins.

I'd be troubled if it wasn't, actually.     We're now safely coloring inside the lines of having protected his bid for a 2023 RoY placement that could earn the Club a draft pick bonus.

Last article I saw about it mentioned the precise draft pick bonuses not yet set, but I assume by November when this year's awards get passed out someone will have to say something precise.     Plus we'll see how much of that there pre-arb pool money Felix Bautista and Adley Rutschman get.

*** I Think ****

How did you come up with that?

***** Disclosure: Note to @Sports Guy I don’t have a link*****

Edited by Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

You forgot *I think*.

Thanks …. I thought “I hope” would cover it. I certainly need the caveat in every post where it might be construed that I’m quoting some source over giving my opinion on a message board. And to think that I lobbied to have that guy return. 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

**** I Think *****

Watkins had to pitch 3 innings in mop up duty. That’s hardly a day of rest and don’t try to sell me that it’s the same as a side session. He got bumped so Hall could start and fizzle. 

***** Disclosure: Note to @Sports Guydon’t have a link*****

None of the big 4/5 bullpen guys pitched yesterday and Baker only threw 15 pitches. Watkins should be available to start Tuesday/Wednesday if they want.

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

**** I Think *****

Watkins had to pitch 3 innings in mop up duty. That’s hardly a day of rest and don’t try to sell me that it’s the same as a side session. He got bumped so Hall could start and fizzle. 

***** Disclosure: Note to @Sports Guydon’t have a link*****

Not trying to sell anything and certainly not arguing. Just don’t think in the course of 162 games, the choice to pitch Hall yesterday hurt anything. It certainly should not have messed with any mojo nor been any more disruptive than a rain day. 

And Yes Watkins had to pitch in a mop up role. Hopefully he is a big boy and gets thinks like this happen. If he never wants to be bumped again he should try to be better.  

Literally the same can be said of Hall. 

42 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think today’s lineup sucks. I get that Odor is 6-8, fine. But Nevin and Philllips?  No Vavra?

Pull up a chair! Tyler Nevin is making his ML debut at 1B. I, for one, can’t wait.

Meh

Edited by Il BuonO
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think today’s lineup sucks. I get that Odor is 6-8, fine. But Nevin and Philllips?  No Vavra?

Yeah it's pretty bad. We've said that many times before and won, so hopefully it'll all work out in the end.