My one regret about this season: I’m sorry that weams, scOtt, Doc Shorebird etc. aren’t here to see this

Frobby

Oye.  I didn’t even know that Doc had passed.  Woof.   That stinks to hear.  These people have been a part of my life for like 20 years.  I miss them. 

and yeah, thanks Frobby, I was thinking about this the other day when a scOtt song came on the radio.  

Edited by PeteCanes
  • Upvote 1

Much love to @JustD. I loved Weams and his enthusiasm, easy manner, his wisdom, all-out fandom of the O's. I was clearing voicemails off of my phone this week and saw two from him from last summer about my upcoming trip to see him, and I could not bear to get rid of those. I kept his and some from my Mom. 

I think of ScOtt whenever I'm in a game thread and some comment makes me laugh or if in my daily life some great guitar video comes to my attention (we followed each other on YouTube outside of OH). What a huge heart he had for the things and people he loved. 

What's hits hard is that those were two members here I actually knew outside of the board. There are two more I stay in touch with and have seen numerous times in person and one other that I have not seen in person, but we are in touch on Twitter and some music related matters. I treasure those ongoing friendships. So these two are so missed. But there are others here that I feel like I know and it speaks to the quality of the community here. And these folks were huge parts of it. I did not know Doc Shorebird (love the username), but wishing his family and friends comfort as this season progresses. Thinking of JustD as she goes through today. She has been super kind to my family with some recent sadness and particularly to my wife in a recent visit to Baltimore.

Edited by NashLumber
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...