Basebrawl coming

OriolesMagic83

This Blue Jays team, keeping up a long tradition stretching back to at least the late 80s, is full of a bunch of pieces of trash. F them and their entire country.

Watching the second game on Monday, late in the game as the crowd thinned out, you could hear a large group of men basically trash talking the O's between every pitch.  I thought it was a contingent of drunken Blue Jays fans.  I'm realizing now it was the Jays' bench.   Unbelievable.

From Gausman's histrionics, to their manager's reaction to the bad calls (and yes the umpiring was terrible it still doesn't excuse their reactions), to their constant chirping from the bench, the Orioles have ever right to tell them to STFU.

And for them to clear the benches after some retaliatory trash talk is outrageous.  I noticed they simmered down real quick when Odor walked out there.  I wished they had tried him again.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Gofannon said:

This situation seems very similar to what happened against the Rays less than a month ago when Chirinos was at the plate, only this time we had the overreacting pitcher.  How was it different?

Little bit different as I recall.  Pitcher started yelling at the batter not the dugout.  That’s more of a Mano y Mano challenge to Chirinos who’s minding his own business walking back to the dugout.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

This Blue Jays team, keeping up a long tradition stretching back to at least the late 80s, is full of a bunch of pieces of trash. F them and their entire country.

Watching the second game on Monday, late in the game as the crowd thinned out, you could hear a large group of men basically trash talking the O's between every pitch.  I thought it was a contingent of drunken Blue Jays fans.  I'm realizing now it was the Jays' bench.   Unbelievable.

From Gausman's histrionics, to their manager's reaction to the bad calls (and yes the umpiring was terrible it still doesn't excuse their reactions), to their constant chirping from the bench, the Orioles have ever right to tell them to STFU.

And for them to clear the benches after some retaliatory trash talk is outrageous.  I noticed they simmered down real quick when Odor walked out there.  I wished they had tried him again.

This is just silly.  F them and their country?  Is that the U.S., the D.R., Japan, or Venezuela?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

This is just silly.  F them and their country?  Is that the U.S., the D.R., Japan, or Venezuela?

F them and their entire fanbase from Toronto to Vancouver.

They're unsportsmanlike jerks.  I've honestly never heard a bench make as much noise as they were on Monday night.  And they want to escalate after some retaliatory trash talk?

Well, they just want to posture and pretend like they want to escalate.  They parted like the Red Sea when Odor walked out there.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Finally someone steps in and provides a rational, sober, measured take.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Pickles said:

F them and their entire fanbase from Toronto to Vancouver.

But what about Nunavut and the Northwest Territories?  What have they done to you?

Also this leaves open the question of St. Pierre and Miquelon.  Sure, it's a French overseas territory, but it's very reliant on Newfoundland for basic supplies, so do we F them, too?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

But what about Nunavut and the Northwest Territories?  What have they done to you?

Also this leaves open the question of St. Pierre and Miquelon.  Sure, it's a French overseas territory, but it's very reliant on Newfoundland for basic supplies, so do we F them, too?

The French speakers get a pass.  I'm sure they're insufferable but I'm equally sure they don't care about baseball.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The French speakers get a pass.  I'm sure they're insufferable but I'm equally sure they don't care about baseball.

Risky. You can drive from the Quebec border to SkyDome in under five hours. When properly incited the Quebecois can get chippy. Many are still very en colère about the departure of Les Expos, and you can bet some are now Jays fans.  You may want to ignore a Le Grand Orange army of the north, but I'd be careful.

Edited by DrungoHazewood

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Risky. You can drive from the Quebec border to SkyDome in under five hours. When properly incited the Quebecois can get chippy. Many are still very en colère about the departure of Les Expos, and you can bet some are now Jays fans.  You may want to ignore a Le Grande Orange army of the north, but I'd be careful.

You make good points.  I take it back.  We can include the French speakers under my general F you Canada umbrella.

From Roch:

The rivalry between these teams boiled over again when the dugouts and bullpens emptied after Bryan Baker struck out Matt Chapman to end the top of the seventh and gestured toward the Jays’ dugout – specifically Teoscar Hernández, who had to be restrained by Jorge Mateo.

Manager John Schneider was ejected in the bottom of the seventh after plate umpire Jeff Nelson warned both benches.

“I didn’t understand the warnings,” Schneider said. “I didn’t understand why Bryan Baker was looking into our dugout after giving up a run on back-to-back days. I thought a couple pitches were close that Jeff didn’t agree with. I asked, ‘Was that down?’ and he threw me out, so I wasn’t quite sure what prompted that.

“I don’t think it was a Teo thing. I think it was Baker looking into our dugout like he has every time he’s pitched against us since he wasn’t part of our team.”

These teams have seven games remaining. Should be fun.