Wednesday, September 7: Orioles try to split series with Toronto

SteveA

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I really wanted to face the Angels in the 2014 ALCS because I knew the Royals would be a problem. A lineup full of pesky and fast contact hitters with a killer bullpen that can effectively end the game after six innings. 

I'll never forgive the 2014 A's for blowing the big lead in the wildcard game to the Royals.   I've always been convinced it cost us a trip to the World Series.

• Upvote 2

Just now, SteveA said:

I'll never forgive the 2014 A's for blowing the big lead in the wildcard game to the Royals.   I've always been convinced it cost us a trip to the World Series.

Agreed that pissed me off too because the Royals going into the playoffs that worried me the most. I did not want to deal with a team that played great defense with a lights out bullpen that also had a lineup of fast contact hitters. 

What Verlander's do you think may be out there available via trade this offseason?

I know the real one may be avaialbe via FA if he opts out...lol

And since our payroll is so low right now and given his age, we would easily be able to make it work for 2/3 years. I know it's a risk, but I think he would be a better buy than Rodon.

My belief is that we add a big piece via FA, we can save our tradable assets for a big move at the deadline to put us over the top.

I like where we are though. And we are in perfect position to bridge the gap this offseason.