Wednesday, September 14: Orioles complete 2 game series in Washington

SteveA

5 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I don't think Gunnar is obviously a better player than Adley. He looks like a better hitter, but not necessarily a better player.

Agreed. Adley’s pitch framing makes him elite. 

Better hitter, yes. But I still like Adley’s overall patience at the plate a little bit more. 

Anyway Reed looks decent. Arm motion reminds me of Givens. I’m assuming that’s already been said though. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Agreed. Adley’s pitch framing makes him elite. 

Better hitter, yes. But I still like Adley’s overall patience at the plate a little bit more. 

Anyway Reed looks decent. Arm motion reminds me of Givens. I’m assuming that’s already been said though. 

Givens had a much more wider arm swing and lower release point.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

No, they actually wore Expos uniforms this year, which was cool.

When I was a kid my family would vacation at a lake resort in Quebec. In the early 70s we went to Montreal to see an Expos game in the old Jarry Park Stadium. I vaguely remember Ron Fairly hitting a foul ball right into our section. My mom dove across me and my siblings to protect us. The Fairly foul ball smacked a woman sitting in the row in front of us right in the face. Shattered her glasses, EMTs arrived to care for her.

True story. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Now it’s looking like we ll need to catch Tampa. We ll be 4 back after today. 

Crazier things have happened, but the O's will need one of the team in front them to collapse. I still want them to play younger player and prospects, which may be the best way to go to sneak into a wildcard spot. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

When I was a kid my family would vacation at a lake resort in Quebec. In the early 70s we went to Montreal to see an Expos game in the old Jarry Park Stadium. I vaguely remember Ron Fairly hitting a foul ball right into our section. My mom dove across me and my siblings to protect us. The Fairly foul ball smacked a woman sitting in the row in front of us right in the face. Shattered her glasses, EMTs arrived to care for her.

True story. 

Wow.. good on Mom going into protective mode.

I went to Montreal about 6 or 7 years ago. Almost bought an Expos powder Blue t-shirt jersey just for fun. Great city though. 

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

True story. 

Great memory and story. I never once doubted the authenticity of it - no one lies about Ron Fairly encounters.

• Upvote 1