Jump to content

Struck out. All weekend.


Moose Milligan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Pretty sure he means he'd like to see a legitimate player take the roid records.

That's fine, I guess.  I dunno, I don't feel the need to re-hash the steroid arguments and who the "real" record holders are, or should be.

Find it odd that he'd want that to come at our expense though.  You and I can disagree on Judge hitting a record breaking homer against us, I'm good with that as I recognize my stance as being petty, I also just don't care about being petty when it comes to the Yankees.  Petty is also their fans crying a f'ing river last week at the prospect of Michael Kay not calling the record breaking homer because they had a Friday night game on Apple TV and We DeSeRvE tO hAvE a GoOd AnNoUnCeR CalL tHiS!  

That said, at least you qualified your statement with you're okay with him doing it against us as long as it's in a loss.  Which, being realistic, is what I'd hope for, too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Pretty sure he means he'd like to see a legitimate player take the roid records.

Thank goodness that PED using Ruth lost the record!

 

Baseball players cheat, they just do.

Folks need to grow up about it.

Lots of your favorite players growing up were probably cheating.

Bonds was just better, better at it and better at baseball.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You pitch to Judge if it makes sense in the game to pitch to Judge and you walk him if it makes sense to walk him. The Orioles are "essentially" out of contention, but you still play to win the games. If Judge comes up with a runner on second and 1 out late in a close game, I'm walking him to set up the double-play and go after a lesser hitter. But I'm not walking him to walk him. If he hits 62, 63 or whatever against us then congratulations to him....hopefully we win anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Think about the possibility of him actually hitting 13 HR in 3 games then think about whether or not I was serious.

I was making a joke at the absurdity of this thread.

You might like the Orioles but you don't like integrity or MLB if you want him walked all weekend.

Integrity?  I don't like Aaron Judge making us his ***** for 6+ years.  Let him hit it against someone else.  He's had a great, historic season, it's been plenty fine for MLB.  I like the MLB just fine, but they still can't overcome their issues when Judge is hitting 60+ homers and you have a guy in Anaheim doing stuff no one's ever seen before and they're having a hard time getting people out to the park to see it.  MLB is declining in popularity whether or not Judge hits 1, 2 or 13 homers this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Thank goodness that PED using Ruth lost the record!

 

Baseball players cheat, they just do.

Folks need to grow up about it.

Lots of your favorite players growing up were probably cheating.

Bonds was just better, better at it and better at baseball.

Remind me what illegal substance Ruth was rumored to have used?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who said anything about an illegal substance?

Testosterone extracted from sheep's testicles.

Wasn't any rules against it at the time.

 

I read Ruth used it once and reportedly got bad side effects so it was only a one time thing. But who knows what testosterone boosting supplements were on the market back then. I doubt it was regulated if there was. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Who said anything about an illegal substance?

Testosterone extracted from sheep's testicles.

Wasn't any rules against it at the time.

 

Apparently it made him sick, the Yankees said it was one of his "bellyaches."

I wonder if anyone back then would have cared if players juiced or not.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Integrity?  I don't like Aaron Judge making us his ***** for 6+ years.  Let him hit it against someone else.  He's had a great, historic season, it's been plenty fine for MLB.  I like the MLB just fine, but they still can't overcome their issues when Judge is hitting 60+ homers and you have a guy in Anaheim doing stuff no one's ever seen before and they're having a hard time getting people out to the park to see it.  MLB is declining in popularity whether or not Judge hits 1, 2 or 13 homers this weekend.

For me its just whatever. Judge can hit a HR every game as long as the O's win, thats my only concern.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jabba72 said:

I read Ruth used it once and reportedly got bad side effects so it was only a one time thing. But who knows what testosterone boosting supplements were on the market back then. I doubt it was regulated if there was. 

But the intent to cheat was there.

I think Bonds gets an undue amount of heat because he was too good at cheating and too good once he started cheating.

It's a thing with baseball fans, a little bit of cheating (bullfrog and resin) is OK but too much cheating (Spidertack) is bad.

Anyway, I'm off to walk the neighborhood and check out storm damage now that the wind has died down.

Be back in 45 minutes or so if I can avoid downed power lines!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...