Who are the 2022 #3 and #4 prospects?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. # 3 Rodriguez and #4 Hall

• #3 Henderson and #4 Hall
    • #3 Holliday and #4 Hall
    • # 3 Holliday and #4 Basallo
    • # 3 Rodriguez and #4 Hall

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Too often people take things like this as a ding on another player when it fact it’s just liking the other player a little more. 

If you believe Holliday is a 7 WAR SS and GRod is a 6 WAR starting pitcher, it doesn’t mean you think GRod isn’t good. It just means you think Holliday is that good.

The Os could have 3 top 10 prospects. It likely won’t be ranked that way but it’s not some crazy thought.

To me, this is more about developmental risk than ceiling.  Rodriguez has ascended all the way to AAA, was dominant there (and everywhere else), and was pretty much the consensus top pitcher in the minors at the time of his last injury. He’s got nothing left to prove in the minors, and his ceiling is very high.  Holliday was a 1:1 pick, but by no means a consensus choice, and he’s essentially unproven.   Maybe if he turns out as hoped he’s slightly above Rodriguez in the end.  But there’s a million ways things can go wrong on his way up the ladder.   Hence, he needs to be no higher than 3.

By the way, what a fantastic statement about our system that we had the 1:1 pick and still have two guys ranked higher than that.  That’s a lot of high upside talent!

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

You’re going to flabbergast Frobby.   There is ZERO chance Basallo is in the top ten.

Yep.  I guess Three Run Homer didn’t see my post in the other thread reminding people that Tony already explained why he didn’t have Basallo above Norby.  

I’m curious where Basallo actually will land.  There’s a lot of interesting guys in the 11-17 range or so.