Birdland Caravan back this season

Frobby

On 2/3/2023 at 3:53 PM, Going Underground said:

Was it really this empty? I don't believe stuff on Twitter.

It was pretty empty at that event.   I would guess maybe 200 people at the most.   That picture seems plausible to me.  I'm still very glad I went though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnythingO's said:

No such drama at Crooked Crab in Odenton. Sig, Means, Bautista, Mullins, and I think Tate at front bar. Krieble and Hays at the back bar, Mullins joined them later. Sig tried to serve but kept putting the beer in the wrong size glasses like double nitro IPA in 16 oz glasses vs 6 oz so they had him walking around collecting empty glasses. The players mostly just smiled for pics. I tried to load a video but the mp4 format isn't supported

Yea we swung by an hour before they were supposed to show up and it was standing room only so we left

8 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Yea we swung by an hour before they were supposed to show up and it was standing room only so we left

It was SRO at 2:30 when I got there, like 15 min to get a beer. I had to stand at the bar so they would know whereto bring the pizza lol. Ended up being in the right place by accident

19 hours ago, Going Underground said:

So Adley might not be able to sign at the Baltimore Caravan but he can drink. Needs to get a local brewery exclusive contract. Strange name for a sister,Ahaha? Maybe named after the band,Aha. Take on Me.

Did you go?  I was there and had a nice time. The players were cool when they took their pictures. Vavra is a real nice guy. Adley, Hall and Grod never made it over to the picture area upstairs. Fans were yelling MVP to Adley when he got to the bar. He enjoyed that. Team chemistry should not be a problem. 

Wish FanFest was back.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Going Underground said:

This one? I thought she said it was at Checkerspot? Take what said on Twitter with a grain of salt. 

The bar incident is 100% accurate. 

Didn’t know if that was why they canceled the pictures. Makes sense I guess. 

Edited by eddie83
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:09 PM, SteveA said:

Went to Checkerspot, made the mistake of getting there right at 4.   Line was out the door and around the block and not moving, I'm not going to stand outside in this cold and maybe never get int.   So I turned around and came home.

Maybe I'll try the Crooked Crab tomorrow, and get there an hour or two early.   They have an in-house pizza place that is pretty good, and some great beers.

Judging by the crowds, looks like the enthusiasm level for this season is up among O's fans.

Got there around 3 and they were nearing the limit at that point. 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Did you go?  I was there and had a nice time. The players were cool when they took their pictures. Vavra is a real nice guy. Adley, Hall and Grod never made it over to the picture area upstairs. Fans were yelling MVP to Adley when he got to the bar. He enjoyed that. Team chemistry should not be a problem. 

Wish FanFest was back.. 

8 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Wish FanFest was back.. 

No not allowed out after dark.

See the bottom of this tweet  It is Twitter and you were there,so take it for what it is worth. 

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

No not allowed out after dark.

See the bottom of this tweet  It is Twitter and you were there,so take it for what it is worth. 

I saw it with my own eyes. Odd situation to say the least. No idea what started it. I did see the woman get up as well. I didn’t see her fall.  

24 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

John and Louis Angelo's? But they settled. Some people are blaming the Orioles. Not the Orioles fault some people are a holes 

Wasn’t the Orioles fault. 

No reason they can’t have events like this and FanFest as well. 

Didn’t see the brothers there….Maybe they were somewhere else celebrating a truce. 

Edited by eddie83

You can’t blame the Os because of some douchebag fans who can’t handle their alcohol.

Its probably the same loser “fans” who think it’s great to go to OD, then they show up 3 innings into it hammered off their mind and have no idea where they are at.

The events sound fun but when you introduce alcohol and excitement, there are always going to be dipsh!ts.

• 2 weeks later...