John Angelos chews out Dan Connolly

interloper

On 1/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, Going Underground said:

Dan Connolly has not tweeted or wrote anything about John Angelos since January 20th. That was a retweet about his 105.7 interview. Maybe he is held up at John's Nashville home and has to listen to his wife's country tunes and other artists. Psychological torture like the military sometimes uses.

I was at one of the games where his wife's country girl gave a "concert" after the game. Let's just say she was not ready for prime time.

6 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Forgot to post this earlier. On Wednesday, just or the fun of it, I called the Orioles to ask whether the meeting with Mr. Angelos had been scheduled. The only phone number I saw on the website was for ticket purchases, so I called that number, explained why I was calling, and asked to be transferred to Mr. Angelos's office. After a long time on hold, a woman picked up. She said she was an assistant in the "office of the senior executives" but wouldn't give me her name. She said she and others she asked knew of no scheduling of a press conference. I told her several times that what Mr. Angelos said he would hold thhis week was what he called a meeting with the media, not a press conference. She said that she knew nothing about a meeting, and that the only ways to learn about that would be from the local media or the Orioles' website.

The call was friendly and professional in an amusing sort of way. The only deviation from that tone occurred when I explained that I am not a member of the media but a long-time fan with an interest in learning about the team's ownership and finances. She said "You're just a fan then,"  and I asked with some edge whether the Orioles' thinking of their patrons as "just fans" may have something to do with there being so few of them, and she told me how important fans are to the team. 

I have been, at times, somewhat forgiving of John Angelos' obvious shortcomings in light of the positive things he's done for the team. But his conduct last week, and his absolute refusal to keep his word or even confess that he's going back on his word, is so unprofessional and sounds so much like the behavior of a spoiled little boy who's never been accountable to anyone for anything he says or does that I've changed my view and am giving more credence to Lou's view of his conduct. I think I'll call again next week.

That's actually pretty funny! Try the PR office next. 

This is behind the Athletic paywall but worth a read. 

https://theathletic.com/4132533/2023/01/28/orioles-john-angelos-pattern/

In summary, Dan Connolly points out a very concerning pattern of behavior in John Angelos. 

Let's just say he has a casual relationship with the truth and a remarkably limited recall. At least according to Dan.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, spiritof66 said:

Forgot to post this earlier. On Wednesday, just or the fun of it, I called the Orioles to ask whether the meeting with Mr. Angelos had been scheduled. The only phone number I saw on the website was for ticket purchases, so I called that number, explained why I was calling, and asked to be transferred to Mr. Angelos's office. After a long time on hold, a woman picked up. She said she was an assistant in the "office of the senior executives" but wouldn't give me her name. She said she and others she asked knew of no scheduling of a press conference. I told her several times that what Mr. Angelos said he would hold thhis week was what he called a meeting with the media, not a press conference. She said that she knew nothing about a meeting, and that the only ways to learn about that would be from the local media or the Orioles' website.

The call was friendly and professional in an amusing sort of way. The only deviation from that tone occurred when I explained that I am not a member of the media but a long-time fan with an interest in learning about the team's ownership and finances. She said "You're just a fan then,"  and I asked with some edge whether the Orioles' thinking of their patrons as "just fans" may have something to do with there being so few of them, and she told me how important fans are to the team. 

I have been, at times, somewhat forgiving of John Angelos' obvious shortcomings in light of the positive things he's done for the team. But his conduct last week, and his absolute refusal to keep his word or even confess that he's going back on his word, is so unprofessional and sounds so much like the behavior of a spoiled little boy who's never been accountable to anyone for anything he says or does that I've changed my view and am giving more credence to Lou's view of his conduct. I think I'll call again next week.

Yep just us dumbies that support this clown organization.