Baseball America 2023 Top 100 Prospects

RZNJ

Colton Cowser

OriolesOF

Notes:

Tools: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 55 | Field: 50 | Arm: 55.
Skinny: The Orioles' farm system is rich with upper-level talent, and Cowser represents a promising blend of contact and power with a chance to stick in center field. He's become especially attractive as he's learned to marry his approach with what Baltimore teaches its hitters.

Jordan Westburg

OriolesSS/3B

Notes:

Tools: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 55 | Field: 55 | Arm: 50
Skinny: After years where the Orioles struggled to fill a lineup with major leaguers, they are getting ready to have a surplus of big league-ready infielders. Westburg, like No. 1 prospect Gunnar Henderson, can play shortstop or third base, and he can hit enough to fit at either spot.

This is rather exciting because if everything being average the Orioles should have three and a third players in the top hundred.  Now we are basically more than double our statistical representation.  

Also this list is not including Kjstead.   And I am quite bullish on him making a total recovery after a solid AFL.  Good times are coming I hope.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:04 AM, RZNJ said:

Jordan Westburg

OriolesSS/3B

Notes:

Tools: Hit: 50 | Power: 55 | Run: 55 | Field: 55 | Arm: 50
Skinny: After years where the Orioles struggled to fill a lineup with major leaguers, they are getting ready to have a surplus of big league-ready infielders. Westburg, like No. 1 prospect Gunnar Henderson, can play shortstop or third base, and he can hit enough to fit at either spot.

Thanks for this.  Would you mind posting the write up on Ortiz?  I think between this thread and the one on the main board, Cowser, Westburg, Hall and Norby got posted.  I’m curious what they say about Ortiz’s tools.  

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Thanks for this.  Would you mind posting the write up on Ortiz?  I think between this thread and the one on the main board, Cowser, Westburg, Hall and Norby got posted.  I’m curious what they say about Ortiz’s tools.  

Joey Ortiz

OriolesSS/2B

Notes:

Tools: Hit: 55 | Power: 50 | Run: 50 | Field: 60 | Arm: 55.
Skinny: If Gunnar Henderson ends up at third base, it may be because Ortiz is an even better shortstop defensively. He showed vastly improved power after making midseason swing adjustments, which makes him project as an everyday regular.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...