What is the O's best rotation in July?

wildcard

Just now, wildcard said:

I don't hate Irvin.  I just don't have much faith in him be that good.   I will root for him though.

When I look at the potential of Grayson, Bradish, Means, Kremer and Hall.....Irvin just does not measure up.

The overrating you have with our guys, especially Kremer, is funny.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't hate Irvin.  I just don't have much faith in him be that good.   I will root for him though.

When I look at the potential of Grayson, Bradish, Means, Kremer and Hall.....Irvin just does not measure up.

Bradish, Kremer, Means, and Hall all have much lower floors than Irvin. Agreed, they have upside. 

48 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I understand. However, Grayson, Means, and Hall will all have innings limits this year. So a few of these guys will get piggybacked. 

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

I understand. However, Grayson, Means, and Hall will all have innings limits this year. So a few of these guys will get piggybacked. 

I place Irvin as the O's 7th most effective starter.   That puts Wells and Voth ahead of him.   Irvin is good depth  IMO for when guys ahead of him have inning limits.  

I know many don't look at it this way.   Maybe I will change my mind if he is effective early in the season.   At less I hope he is.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Do we even know our rotation for opening day? 

We're opening up against Boston and they have 5 LHs slotted as regulars. So I like Irvin in game 1.  We play at the Rangers in the 2nd series, GR is from Texas, I think we throw GR in his first start there.  Gibson pitched for Texas last year, so it might be good not to throw him against a team that has a great scouting report on him.  So coming out of the rotation looks like...

Irvin, Gibson, Bradish, GR, Kremer

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We're opening up against Boston and they have 5 LHs slotted as regulars. So I like Irvin in game 1.  We play at the Rangers in the 2nd series, GR is from Texas, I think we throw GR in his first start there.  Gibson pitched for Texas last year, so it might be good not to throw him against a team that has a great scouting report on him.  So coming out of the rotation looks like...

Irvin, Gibson, Bradish, GR, Kremer

Lol, I don't think we even know our starting five, let alone who slots where. I think the last guy is probably Bradish, but Voth has a chance. 

I would not sandwich our two "quality start" length guys at the top of the rotation. Grayson is good for only a couple innings so I would put one of our dependable length guys after him to make sure the bullpen is rested. For opening day, something like:

Irvin, Kremer, Grayson, Gibson, Bradish/Voth.

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Maybe you just don’t have faith in Holt’s abilities. I’ve heard he’s a wizard. 

• Haha 1